06 YZ450F Zip Ty mod

3 replies to this topic
  • ericyzf4

Posted February 11, 2007 - 08:02 AM

Does any one have experience or suggestions on which way to go? James Dean jet kit or Zip Ty racing mod. I want to clean up the stumble down low and give my 06 YZ450F more snap. I have used Jet Kits before and are pleased with them but I am leaning toward the Zip Ty mod. I have read nothing but positive about both. Motor wise, my bike will more than likely stay stock, other than the carb mod and maybe a filter cage.
I am just a little in decisive about which way to go. I in central Misery at about 700 - 900 ft above sea level.

Thanks for any suggestions

E---

• gdbarr1976

Posted February 11, 2007 - 08:31 AM

Does any one have experience or suggestions on which way to go? James Dean jet kit or Zip Ty racing mod. I want to clean up the stumble down low and give my 06 YZ450F more snap. I have used Jet Kits before and are pleased with them but I am leaning toward the Zip Ty mod. I have read nothing but positive about both. Motor wise, my bike will more than likely stay stock, other than the carb mod and maybe a filter cage.
I am just a little in decisive about which way to go. I in central Misery at about 700 - 900 ft above sea level.

Thanks for any suggestions

E---

I have done the boysen quik shot and the jd kit. Boysen, could not really tell a differnce. Jd kit, is the real deal. You get a 48 pilot and a 170main(i think) I had already done that but the biggee is you get a new needle. I really couldnt tell you why, different taper or whatever but alltogether it really works. Don't know about the zip ty but two thumbs up to the jd kit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flintlock28

Posted February 11, 2007 - 09:24 AM

You got a new pilot with your JD kit???

My kit came with two needles (blue and red) and several main jets (I think 170, 168,165, and 160), but no pilot jet. Thats the first I heard they include a pilot jet.

• grayracer513

Posted February 11, 2007 - 01:39 PM

Have you read this?

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=458476

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.