Getting air boot back on carb (07 WR450)

5 replies to this topic
  • Stoy66

Posted February 11, 2007 - 07:21 AM

Ok, I know this one sounds easy.....but everything seems to be hard for me. Is there a trick to getting the air boot back over the carb. I know it should slip over the end. One side does and the other side gets caught on the lip and there is NO room to get fingers up in there to help it out. I know it can be done. Any tips/trick would help immensely. :censored:

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted February 11, 2007 - 08:22 AM

Ok, I know this one sounds easy.....but everything seems to hard for me. Is there a trick to getting the air boot back over the carb. I know it should slip over the end. One side does and the other side gets caught on the lip and there is NO room to get fingers up in there to help it out. I know it can be done. Any tips/trick would help immensley :censored:

Although I just got my '07 WR450 a few weeks ago, I've torn into it several times now.

I've found it easiest to loosely bolt the top of the subframe back in place so that it rotates down. It seems easier for me to line up the boot and slide it over the carb with the top held in place and I can still wiggle it around to coax it on.

I've done it enough times now that it's not an aggravation anymore.

-Jay

• resinlips

Posted February 11, 2007 - 09:21 AM

Yep, what he said. Did it last night. Take all the subframe bolts out and its easier, only way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crf063

Posted February 11, 2007 - 06:07 PM

Lube up the inside the boot lip with windex of something like that helps also. Don't go crazy with the stuff just gets it wet. I went from a CRF to the 07 WR so I have some experience with the pain in the butt boot around the frame.

• Stoy66

Posted February 11, 2007 - 06:29 PM

Anybody know where I can buy some of that new stuff called PATIENCE? Thanks for the info fellas.:censored:

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted February 12, 2007 - 05:20 AM

Lube up the inside the boot lip with windex of something like that helps also. Don't go crazy with the stuff just gets it wet. I went from a CRF to the 07 WR so I have some experience with the pain in the butt boot around the frame.

Agreed!

I forgot to mention in my last post :censored: ...I used a little Pam spray from the wifey's kitchen on the lip of the airbox boot collar.

-Jay

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.