07 WR and 02 WR Jets/Needle Compatible?

No replies to this topic
  • Strattos

Posted February 10, 2007 - 09:00 PM

I've got a suspected warn needle in the carb on my 02 WR426, which has been otherwise bulletproof.

It's started running very rich all of a sudden. Happened about 12 months ago and, on advice from the local Yamaha head mech, I raised the needle to the third position, which solved my problems. However it's doing it again and I'm either going to move the needle to the second position or get a new one - i'm more comfortable doing the latter.

I'm thinking about getting a JD jetting kit, but am also considering upgrading to an 07 WR450 at the end of the year.

My question is, if I buy the whole JD kit to solve my current problems, will I be able to use those jets in the 07 when I upgrade at the end of the year?

Otherwise I might just get the needle only.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.