Just about finished... 650R project.

28 replies to this topic
  • JohnnyAirtime

Posted February 13, 2007 - 03:55 PM

I just posted a thread on info for the opened up air box side panel- you stated you prefer a stock motor, but went with the opened up side panel- what is you opinion on the preformance gain from this mod?

Yes... however, I left the inner baffle/snorkel in the airbox. The one that is to the backside upper corner. Why? well... when removed, it's a scoop for sand and silt. Since we left it, the side panel aids in fresh air. A give and take if you will.

... plus it looks cool. :censored:

On the other hand, I'll let someone get scientific for ya on your question. As it doesn't really pertain to this bike.

• pgiinc

Posted February 13, 2007 - 07:27 PM

awsome job Johnny

• XR4DEZ

Posted February 13, 2007 - 09:38 PM

How'd the auto clutch work out, I keep going back and forth on this mod. People tell me it won't hold up on a 650. What do you think?

• JohnnyAirtime

Posted February 14, 2007 - 09:44 AM

How'd the auto clutch work out, I keep going back and forth on this mod. People tell me it won't hold up on a 650. What do you think?

Thanks PGIINC... :censored:

And the autoclutch will go in next week. I wanted to break the bike in without it first (peace of mind) and let the owner get used to his new digs.

I'll update once it's in and gets some floggin.

Not sure why it wouldn't last... it serves the same purpose as a stocker, but allows the clutch to slip a bit more in some instances. And where a rider may slip the clutch with a lever... he may not with an autoclutch. 6 of one, half dozen the other.

Who's those "people"?? Have they personally tried it? Hearsay is one of those things I don't listen to too often. Let alone believe it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brady-yzf

Posted February 14, 2007 - 09:47 AM

I've got a Rekluse clutch for the 650 that I wouldn't mind parting with. It's sitting in a box not my bike, so I'd be retty reasonable

• thecirque

Posted February 14, 2007 - 11:39 AM

Nice lookin' ride. Someone tell me where I get those lower fork guards in the carbon fiber look!!

• JohnnyAirtime

Posted February 14, 2007 - 12:11 PM

Nice lookin' ride. Someone tell me where I get those lower fork guards in the carbon fiber look!!

Precision Concepts - El Cajon, CA

• XR4DEZ

Posted February 14, 2007 - 01:45 PM

Thanks PGIINC... :censored:

And the autoclutch will go in next week. I wanted to break the bike in without it first (peace of mind) and let the owner get used to his new digs.

I'll update once it's in and gets some floggin.

Not sure why it wouldn't last... it serves the same purpose as a stocker, but allows the clutch to slip a bit more in some instances. And where a rider may slip the clutch with a lever... he may not with an autoclutch. 6 of one, half dozen the other.

Who's those "people"?? Have they personally tried it? Hearsay is one of those things I don't listen to too often. Let alone believe it.

Couple of the TT regulars have had em take a dump when run hard. I'll find the old post or maybe they'll chime in. One of the guys is the fellow with the jumping 650 in his avatar,I beleive it's BWB63.

• brady-yzf

Posted February 14, 2007 - 03:14 PM

The reason I have my Rekluse for sale is because I kept roasting clutches. But I think I was roasting them due more to my riding style than it being a 650. I tend to lug bikes a bit out of corners. The Rekluse engages with RPM's and it's so smooth, you don't feel it slipping. Some of my buddies love them, but I didn't see the advantage, so I took it out.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.