22 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 10, 2007 - 09:32 AM

Gyt-r for 350 with sparky
Posted Image

or
Dr. D for 350 with quite core and sparky
Posted Image

i have it narrowed down to these two. i plan to do slip on only as i have read that our headers work just fine. im looking more for low to mid range. what pipe would you guys go with if you were buying. thanks
Aaron

• clark4131

Posted February 10, 2007 - 11:03 AM

They're both great pipes, though I am partial to FMF, but since you're in the People's Republic of Kalifornia, make sure you get a truly "quiet" pipe. If not, you'll be faced with nothing but headaches...SC

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 10, 2007 - 11:16 AM

They're both great pipes, though I am partial to FMF, but since you're in the People's Republic of Kalifornia, make sure you get a truly "quiet" pipe. If not, you'll be faced with nothing but headaches...SC

i ride in the so cal dez so noise isnt a issue and when we do go some where that it is i will be running the stocker!

• JSanfilippo

Posted February 11, 2007 - 12:08 AM

Pro Circuit T-4 anybody??? :ride: :censored:

Between the two the Dr.D would be the best bet. Not only does it look cleaner, but it has an effective quiet core too.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 11, 2007 - 04:14 PM

Pro Circuit T-4 anybody??? :ride: :censored:

Between the two the Dr.D would be the best bet. Not only does it look cleaner, but it has an effective quiet core too.

hmm good point on the pro circuit i hadnt though about it. they make a solid pipe. how does it rate to the dr. d

any one

• JSanfilippo

Posted February 11, 2007 - 06:22 PM

IMHO T-4 is too loud. Get the Dr.D and be done with it.

• clark4131

Posted February 11, 2007 - 08:25 PM

Where are you finding the Dr.D slip on? I have only been able to find full systems...SC

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 11, 2007 - 08:32 PM

Where are you finding the Dr.D slip on? I have only been able to find full systems...SC

http://www.qualitysm...drd_exhaust.htm

• clark4131

Posted February 11, 2007 - 09:01 PM

Thanks. I just went ahead and ordered the Dr.D. I've been running an FMF Ti Powercore for a while, and I love the power. However, it's not a very durable pipe. The titanium is beer can thin and a fairly gentle tip over deformed the can when the side panel creased it. Also, it appears that I'm getting some blow by past the end cap. Lastly, I noticed that my tire is hitting it when the suspension compresses. I've heard nothing but rave reviews for the Dr.D, with the only issue being the header removal required for oil filter access. I'm going to be keeping my Power Bomb and just getting the slip-on, so this shouldn't be a problem. I'll report back when I get the exhaust in a week or so...SC

• jandmsuburban7

Posted February 11, 2007 - 09:11 PM

I am dying to hear your report with your new exhaust!! I would also like to hear what your thoughts are on the FMF Q2as well. I would also go with the power bomb too if that direction. As for the Dr. D - I liked what I heard and they (the company) seemed to be very customer service oriented - unlike FMF or Big Gun. I do live in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia though and I need to keep my politicians very happy!! Thanks, Jason

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted February 11, 2007 - 10:56 PM

I wasn't too impressed with the Q2. With my seat-of-the-pants dyno, it had very little improvement over stock, if at all. The Powercore over the Q2 was dramatic. I'm hoping the Dr.D will not disappoint or I'll be selling it the same day I test it out...SC

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 12, 2007 - 07:09 AM

I wasn't too impressed with the Q2. With my seat-of-the-pants dyno, it had very little improvement over stock, if at all. The Powercore over the Q2 was dramatic. I'm hoping the Dr.D will not disappoint or I'll be selling it the same day I test it out...SC

did you buy it from quality smart? did you get the sparky and all that? get some good pics once its on! thanks
Aaron

• Paradiddle

Posted February 12, 2007 - 02:37 PM

I have the Dr. D full system on my '07, and they have fixed the interference issues. Everything is accessible under the header pipe. Excellent craftsmanship.

Quiet core installed!

Lynn

• CJ06WR

Posted February 14, 2007 - 01:45 PM

Bigcoopdawg and SC,

I have never ordered anything from Quality Smart. When you give an update on the Dr. D pipe let us know how they did as a company. I sometimes get nervous ordering things on line without having a referral. Thanks.

• clark4131

Posted February 15, 2007 - 06:22 AM

Bigcoopdawg and SC,

I have never ordered anything from Quality Smart. When you give an update on the Dr. D pipe let us know how they did as a company. I sometimes get nervous ordering things on line without having a referral. Thanks.

I've ordered from them a bunch of times. They're top notch. I got the Dr.D pipe in two days!...SC

• CJ06WR

Posted February 15, 2007 - 02:32 PM

SC,

Thanks for getting back to me.

• jandmsuburban7

Posted February 24, 2007 - 07:56 PM

OK, now for the meat and potatoes. How does the pipe work? Is it what you wanted? Should I go work an extra job so I can pay for it? Jason

• CJ06WR

Posted February 28, 2007 - 05:03 PM

Anyone else have anything to say about the Dr. D?

• jandmsuburban7

Posted January 04, 2008 - 01:45 PM

So SC,
Did you like your Dr. D or what? I have just purchased the Power Core 4 with the power bomb header and will be putting my JD jet kit on at the same time. I will let all know how goes it!!?!! Jason

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 05, 2008 - 12:22 AM

So SC,
Did you like your Dr. D or what? I have just purchased the Power Core 4 with the power bomb header and will be putting my JD jet kit on at the same time. I will let all know how goes it!!?!! Jason

go with dr d for 300 bucks from qualitysmart.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.