Advice on a BRP

4 replies to this topic
  • xxxshiftxxx

Posted February 09, 2007 - 10:24 PM

hello all,

I am a Red rider, currently on a CRF 450, but I want a BRP sooo bad..

I found one for sale,

A 2002 XR 650R
- Fat Bars
- Complete Pipe
- Desert Tank
- Set up for Scott's Stabilizer

The asking price is $3000 or best offer.

what do you BRP rider think? the pics look nice, havent seen it yet, going to look on monday..

What should I ask the owner about the bike? any advice, or price offerings... thankz!! :censored:

• NavyNuke

Posted February 09, 2007 - 10:48 PM

footpeg modification, look for general abuse, skidplate other than factory plastic one

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • witdogg

Posted February 09, 2007 - 10:59 PM

A buddy of mine is looking for a 650 right now so I know what they are going for. If the bike is clean I think that is a good price.

• Billahjack

Posted February 09, 2007 - 11:08 PM

It will probably feel slow compared to a CRF450R. Not sure if you have the X or the R.

When you ride, the back brake is important for setting up turns, then throttle steer after you initiate a little bit of rear wheel slide. Otherwise, it doesn't feel like it wants to turn sharp.

• motopsycho650

Posted February 10, 2007 - 07:01 AM

Being it's an '02, ask about the clutch bushing and the counter shaft seal. Both parts were updated during the '02 model year. If the bike was manufactured actually in 2002, I would bet it has the new parts. If it was made in 2001, it may still need the new parts.

Other than that, it may need a replacement thermostat (don't buy a Honda thermostat!), check the axle collars on both wheels, and buy an aftermarket foot peg bracket for the right side.

Related Content

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.