98 yz 400f carb HELP

1 reply to this topic
  • minnesotarider22

Posted February 09, 2007 - 08:44 PM

ok first off i was helping a buddy rebuild his 98 400 carb. well it had been sitting so long a BLACK widow spider made a nest in it, NO JOKE. Well upon taking out the carb slide it fell on the ground and one of the little rubber wheels fell off and broke. now the main question, either what other carbs work on that bike, OR where can i find just a carb slide or a whole carb, looking to spend around 100 TOPS.....?? PLEASE HELP

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncampion

Posted February 10, 2007 - 08:33 AM

I also have a 98 WR400 and decided to replace the stock carb with an Edlebrock carb. have been very happy with the change. The old FCR got so corroded in the small passages, I could not make it run well on the pilot circuit. The stock carb is over $1000 from Yamaha, got the Edlebrock for around $350. I think I stuck my old FCR away somewhere in my garage, but not sure I still have it. I can take a look if you want just the slide. Howeve, I would suggest you get rid of the FCR and get a good carb.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.