ATTN:YZ450F owners

10 replies to this topic
  • FeliX 450

Posted February 09, 2007 - 02:44 PM

Last weekend at Superstition Mountain my kickstarter broke on my 07 YZ450F, because i guess i didnt pull it all the way out and the bottom piece of it broke off and the kickstarter would go all the way out touching the frame and it is then impossible to start it.

So guys before you kickstart your bike pull your kickstart to the point where it stops and then kick it unless you want to ruin your weekend like i did :censored:

• Huckster

Posted February 09, 2007 - 05:12 PM

Mine did the same exact thing. Broke right down by the knuckle. Luckily my dealer was able to warranty it. Happened the 2nd time I started the bike.

• FeliX 450

Posted February 09, 2007 - 06:07 PM

yea they gonna warranty mine to its getting done right now and i should have me bike back by monday.

• yami250f

Posted February 10, 2007 - 02:20 PM

Does it break on the actual lever or the shaft that goes into the engine? Im probly picking up an 07 on monday...

• gonzo

Posted February 10, 2007 - 05:40 PM

I broke mine on my 03 450. That was funny. I was able to use the starter to kick teh bike but I coiuldnt get it stay on. I would start my bike on the line and then hand the starter to my buddy. I stalled it once and my buddy ran half way across the track with my kickstarter in his hand. I started my bike and he took off again with it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ125Zach34

Posted February 10, 2007 - 05:47 PM

You could of bump started it :censored:

• kyle450rider

Posted February 10, 2007 - 05:49 PM

Does it break on the actual lever or the shaft that goes into the engine? Im probly picking up an 07 on monday...

Thats what i want to know.Had a buddy whos bike 2004 broke in the shaft.Cost him a bundle.

• rexbond007

Posted February 10, 2007 - 07:14 PM

he said it was at the knuckle, maybe we can get a picture posted?

• FeliX 450

Posted February 10, 2007 - 07:45 PM

i took a picture but there is something wronng with my camera so i will post the pics once my camera is fixed. It is pretty hard to explaing, but it is the bottom piece that prevents the kickstarter from going all the way and stops where is stops. You guys should just pull the kickstarter to the point where it stops and kick it and you should not have any problems.

• 02YZ426

Posted February 11, 2007 - 06:58 AM

I broke mine on my 03 450. That was funny. I was able to use the starter to kick teh bike but I coiuldnt get it stay on. I would start my bike on the line and then hand the starter to my buddy. I stalled it once and my buddy ran half way across the track with my kickstarter in his hand. I started my bike and he took off again with it.

Now thats funny :censored:

• motobeck

Posted February 12, 2007 - 07:20 AM

Now thats a true friend!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.