2007 WR450 vs 2007 ktm450 vs huskvarna450

10 replies to this topic
  • drisschoufa

Posted February 08, 2007 - 08:43 PM

I have been riding quads for the last 12 years and rod motocycles for 18 years before that and no I am looking to buy a new bike and debating between the three I ride mostly trails ocotillo wells in california and hidden shores in arizona I do like the to have plates which are available with the KTM and the HUSKVARNA but if the yamaha is a better bike or more reliable then I will stick to YAMAHA and I just 2005 YFZ450 and that motor is awsome with zero problems in 15 month ownership.thank you

• JSanfilippo

Posted February 09, 2007 - 01:43 PM

All three are bulletproof.

However the KTM is significantly more expensive than the other Yamaha or Husky and the Huskys are getting harder to find due to the demand that the bike has.

The close ratio 6 speed in the Husqvarna has about the same speed range as the wide ratio 5 in the WR. The KTMs wide ratio 6 speed is good for almost 100 mph. Apparently the husky does better in the tight wooded trails and the Yamaha and KTM do better in the open.

All three bikes need major uncorking/de-smogging

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 09, 2007 - 09:32 PM

and that motor is awsome with zero problems in 15 month ownership.thank you

and that is what you will get with a wr, JSan said it best about the three bikes.:censored:

• JSanfilippo

Posted February 10, 2007 - 04:28 PM

I looked at and sat on a husky TE 510, KTM 525exc, an a husaberg FE 550e today and they all felt like feathers compared to the 07 WR and CRF 450x. So much for aluminum frames and "centralization of mass" :censored:

Riding them may be a different story though :ride:

For some reason I feel a flame coming on :lol:

Ok, I'll shut up now :applause:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 10, 2007 - 09:28 PM

500's now are you looking at going big big this time around?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted February 10, 2007 - 11:13 PM

500's now are you looking at going big big this time around?

We'll see :lol:

I was just curious thats all. I'm still thinking a 450 will be more than enough bike for my limited skills. :applause:
If you ever get the opportunity to sit/pick-up the three bikes I mentioned take advantage of it...I think you'll be surprised at how light them big fuggers feel. They make the little blue pig (TT-R 250) feel like a hippo

Hey I may have a buyer for my TT-R and needless to say I have an itchy trigger finger. :ride: The internet or brochure don't do them huskys any justice...they're that much nicer in real life. :censored:

• beasly

Posted February 11, 2007 - 07:02 AM

I have been riding quads for the last 12 years and rod motocycles for 18 years before that and no I am looking to buy a new bike and debating between the three I ride mostly trails ocotillo wells in california and hidden shores in arizona I do like the to have plates which are available with the KTM and the HUSKVARNA but if the yamaha is a better bike or more reliable then I will stick to YAMAHA and I just 2005 YFZ450 and that motor is awsome with zero problems in 15 month ownership.thank you

I've ridden KTM and Yamaha, but not Husky. I wouldn't single the WR out as better or more reliable. Both are excellent, dependable bikes. For me I'd be happy with either. In the end I'm on a WR for these reasons:

1) Price
2) I've had good experience with Yamaha
3) Plating a WR is not a big deal in Ontario
4) WR needs less frequent valve adjustments (still not a big deal on the KTM)
5) I don't like black rims

If I lived in California I think avoiding the WR plate hassle would be worth spending the extra bucks on the EXC. However in the end the best bang for the buck may be the Husky. Just ask yourself if you have confidence in Italian quality control. I had bad experiences with Ducati defects. It will take some time before my confidence is restored. But what do I know :censored: . Check out the Husky forum.

• drisschoufa

Posted February 13, 2007 - 03:39 PM

Well I finally decided and bought a 2007 KTM 450 EXC and I think I have made the right decision everyone including the sales manager wanted me to buy the 525 EXC but I said I have read the threads and people have more fun with the 450 than a 525 and believe me money is not an issue here I already droped another 1500 dollars in to it ( remove the smog put a stabilser jd jet kit 3.2 gallon tank) so I can not wait to go riding when this bike is done skid plate) the only thing I still need to do is change the DOT tires that are on it right now.:censored: :ride:

• Beejay

Posted February 13, 2007 - 04:41 PM

Enjoy & good luck with your new scoot.

• DEAN rus

Posted December 22, 2008 - 10:38 AM

Well I finally decided and bought a 2007 KTM 450 EXC

2 questions:

1. describe your feelings after 18 month of riging :moon: . any complains, troubles, doubts in choice?

2. This forum is useless without pictures! :busted:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted December 22, 2008 - 10:41 AM

2. This forum is useless without pictures! :busted:

No this thread should be locked becauses its old:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.