Noisy WR450F

5 replies to this topic
  • rob67

Posted February 08, 2007 - 05:07 PM

Hey guys I am new to this sight I own an 03WR450F and I was just wondering if these motors are all noisey valve adjustment is ok seems to go away after a while is that piston slap I am hearing.

• oldbones

Posted February 08, 2007 - 08:55 PM

Nope, it's the chain slapping the chain guide against the top of the swingarm (right behind the countershaft sprocket).

• davo ttt

Posted February 09, 2007 - 05:06 AM

they are noisy thats just how they are lots of clunking and clanging:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rob67

Posted February 18, 2007 - 09:48 PM

thanks for the information how often should the chain be replaced or is it not necisary

• davo ttt

Posted February 18, 2007 - 09:55 PM

you wont have to change it for a long time if its new ,kep an eye on the sprockets for wear your owners manual will have pics suggesting when to change

• oldbones

Posted February 20, 2007 - 09:24 PM

On the earlier WR's, we loosened the top half of the chain slider and inserted a piece of rubber under it (padding) then tightened it back down. This took care of the noise, and prevented the chain slider from wearing into the swingarm.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.