just got my Dubach hot start kit.....

5 replies to this topic
  • Ronin

Posted January 14, 2002 - 04:19 PM

This thing kicks ass, I got it from my local extreme sports shop today and wow, what a piece of equipment. quite expensive but well worth it. if you cant make up your mind, or just dont know if you need it...Get the damn thing!!!!

• BFLee

Posted January 14, 2002 - 05:09 PM

Totally. I put one on this weekend. It gave me such a wood that I called down to Dr D himself this morning and asked him if he would make me a matching decompressor for the other side. He said he had gotten that request before and should have a prototype soon.

damn, i gotta update my signature again

• gerry

Posted January 15, 2002 - 11:01 AM

This hot start is magic bought it from Dr D on Monday it arrived Wednesday not bad from America to South Wales (United Kingdom)fitted Saturday and what a pleasure Sunday was, not that I stall or fall of often you understand! I can't see how it can work better than when its on the carb what I think happens is that now the hot start is on the handle bars you tend to use it all the time instead of seeing if the bike will start without using it when it was on the carb

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lil_Bill

Posted January 16, 2002 - 06:58 PM

I just extended my hot start today, gotta chubby but I was wondering if the one you guys have is different from the one I just got for a steal. If they are different which is better. I just got the kit that extends a fuel line or air line, up to the handlebars. At the bars you have a valve that you open.
I was wondering if the extra distance the air has to travel would make a difference. Like maybe decrease the benefit of the hot start.

• fershy

Posted January 16, 2002 - 07:14 PM

Sounds like DR. D is getting a good advertising bang for here his buck over here at thumpertalk!

• Terry_in_Reno

Posted January 17, 2002 - 10:54 PM

I tried the type with the hose connected up to the handle bar. It changed the jetting so drasticly I couldn't keep it running and eventually fouled a plug (first for me). I switched back to the stock hot start and found it worked great again. Had an order into Dr. D the next day.

Supposed to be here tomorrow, so now I'm stoked.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.