I Need Help Fast!!

3 replies to this topic
  • yama426rider

Posted February 08, 2007 - 03:54 PM

I changed the oil in my 02 yz426f and replaced the oil filter i looked on here to see how much oil to put in it and found a quart and a half. I put in just over that and warmed the bike up to check it to be sure, well there was oil on the stick. i wiped it off and put the stick back in without screwing it down to check it properly, and it showed nothing so i screwed it in and pulled it and it still shows nothing do i need to put more oil in or is 1.5 quarts enough. I warmed the engine until it was warm to the touch on the left side of the cylinder do i need to warm it more? Im afraid to start it not knowing if i have enough oil PLEASE HELP ME! :applause: :applause: :ride: :censored: :lol: :applause:
I need to get this figured out tonight thanks

• TexN343

Posted February 08, 2007 - 04:29 PM

If you add too much it will burn off. Sounds like you added the right amount though. I know this sounds stupid but did it leak back out? Maybe drain it into a clean container and measure it again then pour it back?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 08, 2007 - 04:54 PM

Add 100cc at a time until it shows on the stick, BUT warm it up first for 1-2 minutes.

• gildnernorth101

Posted February 08, 2007 - 07:12 PM

The Stick Doesnt Lie Just Add More You Wont Hurt Anything Every Engine Car Truck Or Bike Has Some Little Weird Thing

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.