How many km untill 07 tyre finished ?

7 replies to this topic
  • Murray Dorward

Posted February 08, 2007 - 11:16 AM

I have a wr450 '07 and have done 800km and need to change the back tyre. I am not racing anymore so it has lasted a longer. How do you rate the Dunlop that came with the bike or would you change to something else ?

Muz
:censored: :lol: :ride:

• msgbean

Posted February 08, 2007 - 02:19 PM

I have a wr450 '07 and have done 800km and need to change the back tyre. I am not racing anymore so it has lasted a longer. How do you rate the Dunlop that came with the bike or would you change to something else ?

Muz
:censored: :lol: :ride:

Personally I hate the stock tires and will replace them long before they wear out. I will be changing to Michelin.

• Jwar1r1t3

Posted February 08, 2007 - 02:48 PM

There are lots of people who love the 756 dunlop and continue to use it after they wear out. I personally HATE that dunlop, and most other dunlops I have tried wore out considerably within 2-3 rides. After that they have absolutly no traction. The tire that I have found to wear the best and hook up great in everything is the maxxis desert ITs, although it is a little on the heavey side and is not the best in mucky, sticky, mud.

• Jeff_Steckline

Posted February 09, 2007 - 06:15 AM

Best desert tire with the strongest side wall is the Dunlop Desert AT, the tires that are on the bike stock suck. IRC Volcanenduro VE 35f for the front, it's really aggresive and lasts for several races. If I'm just trail riding, I like the Maxxis as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jwar1r1t3

Posted February 10, 2007 - 07:48 AM

Which dunlop is that?? Is it the D739 A/T??? What is the model name???

• Jeff_Steckline

Posted February 10, 2007 - 08:01 AM

Which dunlop is that?? Is it the D739 A/T??? What is the model name???

You are correct sir, 739 Desert A/T. I race desert and it's the only rear tire I will trust to run without a Bib Moose. I don't think it's the best all around tire but I have not gotton a rear flat for 4 years (knock on wood). Personally if you ride a 4-stroke and are on the throttle, their isn't a tire out that will last long.:censored: Jeff S

• Jwar1r1t3

Posted February 10, 2007 - 07:48 PM

How is that tire in loose loamy shale type terrain?? Shale hillclimbs to be more precise. And obviously since it is a desert tire, it will not chip, cut, and throw knobs in the rocks, right?

• Jeff_Steckline

Posted February 12, 2007 - 07:11 AM

How is that tire in loose loamy shale type terrain?? Shale hillclimbs to be more precise. And obviously since it is a desert tire, it will not chip, cut, and throw knobs in the rocks, right?

This is a great tire for those kind of conditions, I've run it in 3 Virginia City GPs and for those that know VC, all it is is rock and shale. Jeff S

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.