Kickstarter bearing on XR600R

1 reply to this topic
  • bork

Posted February 08, 2007 - 10:44 AM

How many of you guys have changed this bearing in right side case? & if "yes" did you change it for the heck of it OR was it bad? Cant see why it would ever go bad .(unless water got in it & rusted)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumpmeister

Posted February 08, 2007 - 03:10 PM

I have seen these bearings go bad in the mid-80's xrs (on the dual carb bikes) because it seemed that they were prone to a weak bottom end...

The downfall on these bikes, is that they were prone to hard starting, so guys would kick the snot out of them hoping for them to start. Couple that with a few weak bearings in the bottom end, and you're gonna find chunks of bearings all over.

I know 600's can be cantankerous, but I have a feeling Honda beefed up the bottom end on these bikes after the dual carb models. But, on the afore mentioned note about the kicking, I CAN see these bearings going out, but it doesn't happen often.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.