Shift lever not working with my big feet

8 replies to this topic
  • sheriffwoody

Posted February 08, 2007 - 10:07 AM

Anyone know if there is an aftermarket shift lever for my 05 wr450. I am duck footed and its hard for me to reach. If I lower it one tooth it is too low, if I raise it 1 tooth it is too high.
Also, where on my boot is the shifter supposed to contact? The top and bottom of my boot or the side? Why are bike shifters and break pedals so close to the frame???
Thanks for the input...

• WR_Dave

Posted February 08, 2007 - 11:08 AM

Hammerhead makes shifters and replacement tips that are offset. I'm at work and don't have the website handy ,but I'm sure someone can direct you. They look like really good parts from the ones I've seen in person. WR Dave.:censored:

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 08, 2007 - 11:14 AM

This is why shifters and brake pedals are tucked in::censored:

Posted Image
Posted Image

• byggd

Posted February 08, 2007 - 11:49 AM

Beautiful countryside Indy! But those rocks :ride: I have learned they are not my friend :censored:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • waynus

Posted February 08, 2007 - 12:17 PM

Anyone know if there is an aftermarket shift lever for my 05 wr450. I am duck footed and its hard for me to reach. If I lower it one tooth it is too low, if I raise it 1 tooth it is too high.
Also, where on my boot is the shifter supposed to contact? The top and bottom of my boot or the side? Why are bike shifters and break pedals so close to the frame???
Thanks for the input...

Try lowering your pegs 10mm by cutting the pipe bit off, then putting it on top and swapping springs from left to right.
Set the shifter up best for shifting while standing cos it's a pain if you have to sit to change.

• waynus

Posted February 08, 2007 - 12:20 PM

This why shifters and brake pedals are tucked

That's not Dirtbiking, that's Rockbiking :censored:

• WR_Dave

Posted February 08, 2007 - 04:47 PM

Wicked Pics INDY, I'm way to jealous as it snows endlessly here. Anyway back to the topic at hand, here is the website for Hammerhead designs http://shifttip.com/index.html these shifters and tips look like very well built parts. WR Dave:prof:

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 08, 2007 - 07:59 PM

More reasons to have the controls tucked in!

Posted Image

Posted Image

• waynus

Posted February 09, 2007 - 12:37 AM

No wonder you need an oil cooler. That would take forever

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.