Taller bar mounts for an 07 450

3 replies to this topic
  • Lowrance

Posted February 08, 2007 - 05:49 AM

I'm 6'2" tall and need a taller bar mount for my 07 450F. I'm currently running a Windham bend PT and that has helped but I'd still like to get the bars up another 10 to 15mm and maybe 5 to 10 mm further forward. Does anyone make bar risers that'll mount up to the stock Yamaha triple clamp?

Thanks in advance, John

• 700MX

Posted February 08, 2007 - 07:17 AM

I'm 6'2" tall and need a taller bar mount for my 07 450F. I'm currently running a Windham bend PT and that has helped but I'd still like to get the bars up another 10 to 15mm and maybe 5 to 10 mm further forward. Does anyone make bar risers that'll mount up to the stock Yamaha triple clamp?

Thanks in advance, John

UNIVERSAL has a highly adjustable clamp. I am 6'....and it made things perfect. night & day........check out there adjustability online!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SCIENCE

Posted February 08, 2007 - 11:19 AM

Thanks in advance, John

I'm the same height as you and use Applied's +10mm (3mm forward) risers on my '07 YZ250. They bolt right into the stock top clamp and are relatively inexpensive. ($49.99) I think they may have a +15mm option as well.

I'm going to take it a step further and try the Pro-Taper rubbermounted clamps with the +10mm risers. I used this setup on my CRF's and like the fact that you can move the bars even farther forward.

• TexN343

Posted February 08, 2007 - 12:04 PM

If you have get oversized bars and new top triple clamps you can combine that with pro tapers universal oversized mounts that add alot to height. I think I remember someone said 20mm. The mounts cost me 40$ at cycle gear.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.