xr600r clutch parts question

2 replies to this topic
  • bork

Posted February 07, 2007 - 09:53 PM

I'm about to order clutch plates & side cover gasket & seal for kick starter, BUT should I do the bearing for the kickstarter? I cant imagine it would ever wear out. If it aint broke, dont fixet sorta thing? I dont want to tear into it untill I get all the parts. How many of you guys have changed out this bearing & was it easy & really neccesary?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted February 08, 2007 - 08:07 AM

I'm in the if it ain't broke don't fix it camp. I agree that it is unlikely that this bearing could ever wear out. If it looks good why change it.

Now the seal is a different issue. I'll be changing mine the next time I'm in the engine as it weeps a tiny bit of oil.

• bork

Posted February 08, 2007 - 10:39 AM

I'm in the if it ain't broke don't fix it camp. I agree that it is unlikely that this bearing could ever wear out. If it looks good why change it.

Now the seal is a different issue. I'll be changing mine the next time I'm in the engine as it weeps a tiny bit of oil.

Maybe I should repost a new thread & ask how many had to change that bearing. I just dont want to take it apart & then have it open while I wait for bearing to come in. If it is needed.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.