2000 Wr400 Jetting Question

No replies to this topic
  • Phat Twin

Posted February 07, 2007 - 03:19 PM

Hey Everyone!

I need some sage advice regarding my 00 WR400 and its jetting. I purchased this bike from a guy that took really good care of his bike, and the things runs really well, even a year later with me riding it, not a hiccup.

When I picked it up, he had converted the bike to a MX machine. It is jetted to run with a YZ pipe, timed YZ, with all the free mods done to it. I sold off the YZ parts and converted it back to the true WR setup, using the stock pipe minus the tip. I run a downturned tip to help keep the noise down and also keep it free flowing. Still, pretty loud for the road, legal as it is.

I have bought a K & N filter to help increase the breathing, and I also want to buy a GYTR insert from Yami to help quiet it down so more so I don't scare the crap out of the small children, forest animals and god fearing tree huggers where I ride.

My questions are this.

1. If I add the K & N, is it going to make the engine too lean since it is jetted for a YZ setup? Bigger problem being, I ride offroad bikes well, don't know much about rich/lean setups and the innards of the carb/motor.

2. If I add the GYTR insert, is that going to cause me to foul/offset the jetting that is currently set? Will the K & N help offset that?

I have ridden it for about 300 miles since I bought it, changing the oil every 4-5 rides. Going to get a valve adjustment next.

Any ideas or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.