anyone use Ready Racing or No Toil throw away air filters?

20 replies to this topic
  • bluethundaaaa

Posted February 07, 2007 - 12:45 PM

anyone use them and if so do you like them? Just wondering seems like a good deal and less hassel.

• Ranger18

Posted February 07, 2007 - 01:30 PM

I've seen the RR filters but never a no-toil throw away.
You just have to wonder how well they work, and seal if they are disposable.
Personally I don't think I'de ever run one. I use a regular no-toil, with the no-toil cleaning kit, it's real easy.

• yami racer

Posted February 07, 2007 - 01:32 PM

RR for me since day one....No issues and they are great with zero hassle. I guess if you were really $$$ conscienious then it could add up and you may want to look at a no toil. But to pull out a new filter and throw away the old for 8-10 bucks i think is great

• bluethundaaaa

Posted February 07, 2007 - 01:36 PM

Rocky Mountain atv\mc has No Toil pre oiled filters. They cost a little more then the RR ones but not much I think they are around $11. I have yet to buy any but I might try them out.

I hate cleaning my filters.....I don't mind my SS oil filter but I hate the air filters....

• almostinvincible119

Posted February 07, 2007 - 03:31 PM

I use No-Toil all the time. Ive had the RR filters, I bought about 4 of those for 9 bucks. Compared to the No-Toil filters, the RR filters are trash and almost worth wiping your butt with. When a company offers a 6 MONTH WARRANTY with their filters as No-Toil does it really shows that they believe in their product. The chemicals also work great and for 10.95, you cant beat the No-Toil. Buy one of each and tell all of us what the diffrence in quality is. Its a no brainer

• 642MX

Posted February 07, 2007 - 05:42 PM

Here is how I see it, the valves in a YZF retail for approximately $85 each. If dirt passes thru the filter, then you will end up replacing all your valves. Buying a $30 UNI or Twin Air and properly maintaining it, is worth the piece of mind for me. These $10 disposable filters may end up costing you $425 in valves. :censored:

• RideRaceLive123

Posted February 07, 2007 - 09:27 PM

Here is how I see it, the valves in a YZF retail for approximately $85 each. If dirt passes thru the filter, then you will end up replacing all your valves. Buying a $30 UNI or Twin Air and properly maintaining it, is worth the piece of mind for me. These $10 disposable filters may end up costing you $425 in valves. :censored:

I can't tell that much of a difference between a No toil FAST3 filter($10) and a twin air.:ride:

• Huckster

Posted February 08, 2007 - 04:47 AM

I used RR filters on my RMZ for 2 years and never had a problem. For the price, I changed the filter every ride and threw them out.

• dwnlowx

Posted February 08, 2007 - 06:37 PM

i use what ever i have clean but my favorite is a nice new ready racing air filter all ready oiled just change and ride

• Nitroused383

Posted February 08, 2007 - 07:02 PM

Who said they are throw away filters? I've never read where it says good for one use only and throw away. It seems like you can clean them a couple of times so I'm lost.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Huckster

Posted February 08, 2007 - 07:07 PM

never said they werent able to be reused. I just chose to throw them away and use a brand new one due to I hate cleaning filters and the cost or lack there of, allowed me to do that.

• YubaRider

Posted February 08, 2007 - 08:50 PM

They are great for the price and can be cleaned just like the other No toil filters. No Toil filters are made right here in my home town Yuba City Ca. I use the oil and the cleaner which work great. The cleaner mixed with warm water makes filter cleaning easy:prof:

I just bought one of the cheaper No toil filter's:thumbsup: Cleaned it about five time now and seem to just as good as any other.. Like a sore D:censored: You can't beat it!:censored:

• Family Man

Posted March 26, 2008 - 07:27 PM

the RR filters are pretty thin as are the no toil fast filters. I am thinking about going and buying a twin air, to be safe.

• grayracer513

Posted March 26, 2008 - 07:44 PM

The foam in these types of filters is simply not deep enough to filter well in a dusty environment. They may be adequate in areas where there is a lor of loamy soil with enough moisture to hold it down, but there just isn't enough to them for them to effectively keep the extremely fine SoCal dust out of the engine.

• BASSic

Posted March 27, 2008 - 10:42 AM

I have a regular No-Toil pre-oiled filter and the filter maintenance kit. The No-Toil filter oil that came on the pre-oiled filter and the oil in the bottle doesn't seem very tacky for an air filter. I'm not saying it doesn't work, it's just not very sticky like some other oils I've seen.

• Slinkyman16

Posted March 27, 2008 - 08:58 PM

i use the no toil fasst3 filters.. i find them to be thicker then the adverage stock air filter that the facotories supply. but i found the key for these filters is that you MUST clean then and OIL them every ride. as some have already noticed that the filter oil gets dry pretty quick so dont let it sit on their for two long.. i would say max of two days.

• Family Man

Posted March 27, 2008 - 10:28 PM

THe stock filter that came on my 07 yz450 is much thicker than the RR, no toil, and WB powerfilters Ive used. The WB powerfilters cost almost as much as a twin air, but are about as thick as a RR and NT. However, the foam is of a differant density. I havent gotten my twin airs, so I cant say how thick they are. I can say that I changed my oil after using pre oiled RR filters and it was black sludge, changed after about three gallons of gas. I dont trust them, definatley not with the stock amount of oil. I want my bike to last as long as possible, a good filter helps defend your motor. A clean air filter is the most important maintenace you can do for your bike according to the manual, a good filter is esential.

• maddogyz250f

Posted March 28, 2008 - 07:47 AM

I run RRs in my 06 YZ450Fand my son's 06 CRF450 and I have never had a drop of dirt/dust in the airboot or on the inside of the air filter. It is hassle free and encourages me to change the filter more often since I do not have to dread cleaning them. Not buying chemicals makes it worth the $9 each.

• Eric57Nelson

Posted March 28, 2008 - 09:04 AM

The foam in these types of filters is simply not deep enough to filter well in a dusty environment. They may be adequate in areas where there is a lor of loamy soil with enough moisture to hold it down, but there just isn't enough to them for them to effectively keep the extremely fine SoCal dust out of the engine.

Are you talking about the no toil filters, I have been buying the fast 3 filters and been reusing them for around a year now and they have not shown any wear at all.

• grayracer513

Posted March 28, 2008 - 09:06 AM

You don't have to dread anything about cleaning them, really. I spend all of 5 minutes apiece on mine when I wash them:

http://www.thumperta...220#post5848220

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.