Valves in Spec

1 reply to this topic
  • SteveWR450F

Posted February 07, 2007 - 11:03 AM

Just another affirmation that we all purchased the best modern 4 stroke motor out there.

I have an 04 WR. Valves were adjusted one after about 10 hour of breakin riding. Valves have been checked 3 times since. Bike has now close to 1500 miles on it and the valves have not moved at all since the inital adjustment.

Gives me some peace of mind . . . FYI. I change oil after every 2 - 3 rides. Rotella.

Good job Yamaha. If I dont switch eventually over to a KTM 2 smoke in a few years, Yamaha will be the only 4 stroke I ride.

Steve

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 07, 2007 - 03:04 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]This is the best four stroke off road motor on the planet![/COLOR]
It is so reliable and durable compared to the rest. I adjust my valves around the 3000 mile mark and replace them at 12,000 miles.
I am waiting to buy the WR450 fuel injected version and retire my 03 to pasture.
Maybe in 2008 they will finally get EFI?:censored:
I know I am not splitting the bike in half to rejet with the new no access aluminum frame!:ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.