Speedometer is reading way to fast

5 replies to this topic
  • joshbeene

Posted February 07, 2007 - 08:42 AM

As I was riding down a fire road yesterday I looked down and it said I was going 75 MPH. I know I was only doing about 30 MPH. I carry a gps with me and after the whole ride I had gone 52 miles but my odometer on my bike read 83 Miles. My bike is very clean so I don't know what is wrong.

Anyone else have this problem?

Any suggestions?

• Murray Dorward

Posted February 07, 2007 - 08:45 AM

Take it back to the dealer you should still have some kind of warranty

Cheers

Muz
:censored: :lol: :ride:

• Jeff_Steckline

Posted February 07, 2007 - 09:39 AM

R you sure it's set to show MPH and miles, or that other system of measurement??? I only ask because I had the same probem until I realized that I was a bone head. I thought wow my new WR will go 150 mph. Jeff S

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SpringChicken

Posted February 07, 2007 - 09:59 AM

Yeah, I agree with Jeff. It's probally reading km/h. Switch it over.

• joshbeene

Posted February 07, 2007 - 10:55 AM

I will check to make sure it is on MPH not KPH. I will feel pretty dumb if that is it. Thanks.

• Douglas Bump

Posted February 12, 2007 - 04:44 PM

That is the problem.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.