Broken lever...

2 replies to this topic
  • Stumpy

Posted January 14, 2002 - 03:24 AM

I broke my Works Connection clutch lever yesterday. I've got bark busters and EE plastic guards and I still snapped it. I went down in a really muddy berm and the plastic guard bent under the bark buster and put enough pressure against the end of the lever to snap it off flush with the perch. I'm just glad I didn't break that perch. Does anybody have a good source for works connection levers?

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: Stumpy ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted January 14, 2002 - 03:39 AM

If you change your plastic bark busters to the aluminum wrap around type you won't have to go through this again. The Yamaha Pro bend guards with Tripple clamp mount have withstood the test of time and numerous crashes without a bent bar or damaged levers. There are a couple of other manufacturers out there as well. Plastic protectors are ok for small branches, but suck for everything else, especially a hard fall....

Bonzai :)

• Stumpy

Posted January 14, 2002 - 05:25 AM

I've got aluminum guards (Bark Busters) to fend off the big trees with the plastic add-on brush guards from Enduro Engineering to keep the sharp little sticks from pokin' me in tha fingers. I had the same setup with Cycra guards on my xr and they seemed to be a bit stiffer plastic as they never bent into my controls like that. Maybe I'll get some of those again...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.