Sprocket Question - 07WR450

3 replies to this topic
  • Island Boy

Posted February 06, 2007 - 06:06 AM

I find that gears 1-3 are way too short for the kind of riding I am doing: 70% street / 30% bush trails on Metzeler Enduro 3 tires. Thinking of going down on the rear sprocket to 47T or even 46T. All mods done so I have amazing power right now with w/ the 50T. Just looking to stretch the gears. My question is: how significant is the loss in power if I drop down 3 or 4 teeth? Basically, has anyone done this and wish they didn't? Thanks.

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 06, 2007 - 06:09 AM

I would try a 15 tooth front sprocket first. It is perfect for dual sporting and street riding. Then if you want even more gap you can reduce the rear sprocket :censored:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Island Boy

Posted February 06, 2007 - 06:19 AM

I have been told that front is always better to adjust but Will I have enough space to increase the front by 1 tooth and still keep the guards?

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 06, 2007 - 12:56 PM

Yes it should fit. I believe the motor is the same on the 07 as the 06 so the 15 tooth is an easy fit.:censored:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.