It must be nice to live in the south......

25 replies to this topic
  • flubber

Posted February 05, 2007 - 11:30 PM

I've got a balmy -14D on the thermometer and -26 with the windchill currently. You guys living in the south have it made riding your pigs. I tried riding mine a mile to the gas station last week and froze my arse off. You suck!!

• KShow

Posted February 06, 2007 - 01:15 AM

Well, I was born in the South (Virginia),, but now living in Southern Cali (two totally different kinds of south). Kinda hard to believe that I work for a ski resort, and Ive put about 100+ miles on my pig the last two days, just riding from the house, awesome singletrack and desert trails, even exploring a few fire roads along the way. Probably upper 60's yesterday, and about mid 70's today when I left the house. Its nice when you can ride in early February and not have to wear anything under your jersey.

• Hondathumper450

Posted February 06, 2007 - 03:44 AM

Kshow! :-)~

• NavyNuke

Posted February 06, 2007 - 07:37 AM

gonna be 80 here today, rode the pig the last two days, so today is a work on the jeep day.

• Motosprtman

Posted February 06, 2007 - 11:11 AM

fog, cold, rainy typical Pacific NW... ride only if your a real badass or think you are or if you simply like to get cold and wet. Woods riding is ok.

• jbird710

Posted February 06, 2007 - 01:49 PM

SE Texas has been inundated for the last two months. I don't mind riding in the rain, but can't handle both cold and rain.

• flubber

Posted February 06, 2007 - 02:08 PM

Ride on fellas, its good to here your out and about on your bikes. We should have the snowmobiles out here but theres only 3" of snow on the ground. Another 15 years of global warming and I'll be out riding this time of year too.

• MindBlower

Posted February 06, 2007 - 02:11 PM

I've got a balmy -14D on the thermometer and -26 with the windchill currently. You guys living in the south have it made riding your pigs. I tried riding mine a mile to the gas station last week and froze my arse off. You suck!!

Pay back is in the summer when it's comfortable up here, and hot as hell down there. :censored:

• jaredc28

Posted February 06, 2007 - 02:43 PM

In St. George Utah, been riding all winter, but the past few weeks have been great...mid 60's, but I agree, Northerners will be comfortable in August when it is 112 here.

• NavyNuke

Posted February 06, 2007 - 04:26 PM

thats why I get up at 4am and ride before work during the summer.:censored:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • j5hunter

Posted February 06, 2007 - 04:46 PM

Like NavyNuke says. We get up really early to ride in the summer. We are home by 8-9 AM. The big differance being that we still can ride year round if we choose to ride that early. My Jeep also sits alot during the summer and is a nice choice this time of year. We can also go 1-2 hours and ride in the cool mountains.

• Jman955i

Posted February 06, 2007 - 04:59 PM

Theres no place like the south. Ride year round. I thinks that it was 55 today. Cold for down here but still can ride. and tomorrow is suppose to be in the 60's sunny.

• flubber

Posted February 06, 2007 - 05:07 PM

I agree, that arizona heat can be a killer. I was picking up cars in phoenix for the first time two summers ago. I thought I was gonna fall over on the blacktop and lay there and cook.

• bork

Posted February 07, 2007 - 08:29 PM

Thats why I'm not a cheesehead anymore. eh? But still eat brats. & yes it gets so hot & humid in summer we usually go surfing instead of riding. Hope ya get some more snow to crank up the ole rupp. My brother said it was -7 & windchill -30 in oconomowoc, about two days ago. Brrrrrr

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted February 07, 2007 - 09:08 PM

73º today. :censored:

• flubber

Posted February 07, 2007 - 09:40 PM

Bork, do they even sell brats in Fl? How about cheese curds? A cheese what??? Let me know if ya need some curds or brats down in the sunshine state...I'll hook ya up! God knows I cant live without them!

• bork

Posted February 07, 2007 - 09:59 PM

Johnsonville brats are available in grocery's down here & even wal-mart! But no sham-torts or filled coffee cakes, nor Culvers. Never see the curds either(fried or fresh) I'm getten hungry!gotta go!

• flubber

Posted February 07, 2007 - 10:17 PM

Whats a sham tort?

• flubber

Posted February 07, 2007 - 10:23 PM

No culvers either? mmmm, they have good curds up here.

• bork

Posted February 08, 2007 - 05:14 AM

Not sure of spelling of sham-tort. Its a pastry,sorta like a big cream filled puff. Here's Culvers heart stopper shopper guide .hehehe http://www.culvers.com/

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.