June ride in SE Pennsylvania, free lodging!

24 replies to this topic
  • Bill

Posted January 18, 2001 - 08:16 AM

For any registered member :D of TT who wants to ride Tower City and Rausch Creek MX on June 15th and 16th. You may come on down and stay at my house and join Mike68, Kevin in NH, Mike68s buddy Brian, Sbohanon and myself for two or maybe three days of riding, drinking and eating.

This is not an organized ride, just something Mike and I have talked about and a chance for Kevin and I to ride together, after going to Budds Creek last year. If you crash and become a quadrapleagic :), your on your own. Besides you can't squeeze blood from a turnip :D.

Where you at Npuza? gonna join us?

email me at whall@gerhardt-usa.com or reply here.

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 01-18-2001).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 18, 2001 - 08:32 AM

Whoo Waa. Can't wait. I hope my bike is still in one peice by then. I will be there.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 18, 2001 - 09:14 AM

If my calendar isnt lying you guys are riding friday and saturday? I definitely go Saturday and maybe Friday. Have you seen the Rausch MX track? I rode past it one day and almost #$%^ my pants. They also have a web page http://www.rauschcre...g.com/index.php
Quite impressive.
Where do you guys live?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 18, 2001 - 09:53 AM

Yup, Friday and Saturday. I will be driving down from New Hampshire, where real men come from.... :)

[This message has been edited by mike68 (edited 01-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by mike68 (edited 01-18-2001).]

• GNCCYZ400

Posted January 22, 2001 - 03:14 PM

Just checked the race schedule. Nothing on that weekend. A SLOW leasurly "trail ride" will be just the ticket to recharge my batteries after 3 months of racing. Count me in :D.
Just finished my 3rd race in the winter series at Kenley and Montross. After 3, I'm second in points, and finished 4th last weekend at Montross. Not too bad for a "woods" guy. I can't wait to get there and show you how a "pro" falls down in the corners (that's provided you can keep-up to watch :)).
Let me know how much room you have available for us freeloaders.

'98 YZ400F
'01 YZ250F
'98 CBR600F3

[This message has been edited by GNCCYZ400 (edited 01-22-2001).]

• Bill

Posted January 22, 2001 - 03:44 PM

Good to hear you can make it to ride. If you want to bring a sleeping bag and/or cott. We have room. If everyone who has commited comes we have 10 riders.

Email me at whall@gerhardt.com or bandjhall@blazenet.net

I used to be able to stay ahead of you on the track :D to keep face, after being smoked by you in the woods :). It's ok I have plenty of Pam (for my chest protector :D)

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 22, 2001 - 05:32 PM

I'll be there, Bill!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 23, 2001 - 02:27 AM

Sounds like quite a group. Do I need to bring a tent? Extra roost-off? Let me know what to bring and how I can help organize. There is a little Write up on Tower City in Dirt Rider Magazine. They don't tolerate a lot of BS. Either you follow the rules or you get banned. Looks like a good place to ride. I am really looking forward to it. I need to get schooled by better riders and this looks like a good opportunity. I hope its not to hot. I don't want to melt.

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 23, 2001 - 03:14 AM

Just a heads up for you guys:
Unless I am mistaken, Tower City has lots of coal on the ground. I recall my buddies white Yamaha's getting all black streaked. Some of the stains seemed permanent.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 23, 2001 - 04:32 AM

I know you don't like to get your bike dirty. Just wait until this summer when I start dragging you through the mud holes. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 23, 2001 - 04:33 AM

Permanent no, but a real pain to get off. Especially bad for fork seals. Mine were leaking after one day. Bring some vaseline for your nose. Id imagine it will be dusty.

• sbohanon

Posted January 23, 2001 - 10:45 PM

your dates are the 15th & 16th, thats friday
and saturday. please confirm because i can make friday but not saturday. my vacation starts saturday, need to be in florida saturday early afternoon to catch a ship.

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 23, 2001 - 10:59 PM

I am glad you said the vaseline was for the fork seals...I thought I might have to cancel :)

• Bill

Posted January 23, 2001 - 01:31 PM

That's right Mike wants to drive down Thursday night (400 miles) and ride Friday and Saturday :). Of course we're not talking about a mere mortal here. He's the guy who goes out in sub-freezing temps after working all day (read:surfing the net) and roosts the night away :D

That is still your plan, isn't it Mike??

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted January 23, 2001 - 01:51 PM

Wasn't that a tub of vaseline I saw in your gearbag at Moab? Why do think you got your own room?

I'm getting jealous reading about this..... it's just a little too far from the left coast :)

• Russ_P

Posted January 23, 2001 - 02:46 PM

Are you guys going woods riding? It's
been too many years since I've taken
laps on a serious MX track. I might be
interested. Would I need a spark arrestor?

Russ Page
Upstate NY
00 WR400
YZ timing, uncorked, 86'd the stop

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 23, 2001 - 04:06 PM

If we do ride Bud's Creek, it would be like renting out any other National Motocross track...just BETTER! The track is wicked nice.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 24, 2001 - 04:15 AM

Yes, the plan is to drive down thursday evening, get your ass out of bed and go roosting. I think this is Kevins plan as well, eh Kev? I can't be wasting a day off work driving, I must ride!!! Last nights ride was good. I really worked on my cornering, keeping elbows bent and up. Stayed forward in the cockpit. I was diving into turns comfortably. Switch backs were goin well. Thanks to Bill , Kev and the post from all, I have been able to improve my riding. I will continue to concentrate on riding technique until it's second nature.

Thanks Mike

• Bill

Posted January 24, 2001 - 05:39 AM

This will be a track and trail ride, a little something for everyone :)

Spark arrestors are not required :D

• sbohanon

Posted January 24, 2001 - 10:58 PM

i will be there on friday the 15th but not saturday the 16th :) the wife needs the vacation i guess. to bad i cant't take the bike on the cruise, stopping in st. marteen and st. john, i wonder if there are places to ride. to answer someones question, the mx tracks at rausch creek are pretty good, you don't have to jump everything. the atv track is actually pretty good and can be raced on for us inexperienced riders. (we can only use it if its without atvs' though)
raush creek also has about 10-12 miles of trails also for which they have had hare scrambles on. most trails pretty easy, others very tough. if we could, i'd like to spend friday there, if not, tower city since i have not been there yet.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.