dr. d rad lowering kit and rad guards

6 replies to this topic
  • qwert321

Posted February 05, 2007 - 08:46 PM

If rads are lowered on 07 450 will rad guards still fit?

• Mighty_Whitey

Posted February 05, 2007 - 10:40 PM

Last time I spoke to Doug Dubach about that the answer was "NO."

I have an 06 with the RAD lowering kit and Doug told me the (Works Connection) radiator braces will not fit the 06 after you have installed the lowering kit.

Things may be different for 07?

Doug

• Yamahafan

Posted February 06, 2007 - 12:14 PM

You also have to be careful with header clearance on the 450 or you will boil your radiator with the heat from the head pipe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mighty_Whitey

Posted April 27, 2007 - 08:14 PM

Just read your post...

Doug Dubach wouldn't let me leave the building until I agreed to take the new style bend header pipe that allows the same clearance from rad to head pipe as stock...i just swapped stock Dr.D lowboy header for this one.

MW

• Pukeballs

Posted April 28, 2007 - 08:40 AM

Just read your post...

Doug Dubach wouldn't let me leave the building until I agreed to take the new style bend header pipe that allows the same clearance from rad to head pipe as stock...i just swapped stock Dr.D lowboy header for this one.

MW

Do you have to still have to take off the header to change the oil filter?

• The Italian Stallion

Posted April 28, 2007 - 12:18 PM

Do you have to still have to take off the header to change the oil filter?

No you don't have to take the pipe off you just have to loosten and twist it a little to get to the top bolt.

• Mighty_Whitey

Posted April 28, 2007 - 01:02 PM

No you don't have to take the pipe off you just have to loosten and twist it a little to get to the top bolt.

That's what I do...works just fine. :applause:

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.