Which Michelins for SE/ Central PA

2 replies to this topic
  • PAdaytonaman

Posted February 05, 2007 - 05:11 PM

Hey guys,

I am pretty well sold on the Michelin Starcross tires, but I was wondering if anyone that is running them prefers the soft/int tire or the hard for this area of Pa.

2006 yz450 needs some bite up front and I have heard great things about the starcross front tires.

Any comments

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flintlock28

Posted February 05, 2007 - 05:38 PM

Before you buy (unless you already have), I recommend trying the Pirelli Scorpion Pro up front, and the Pirelli MT-16 on the rear. This combo was recommended by the guy who moderates the off-road riding forum, and he's a 7 or 8 time National enduro champ.

I've been using this combo in Delaware, New Jersey, and in Pa. with great success on sand, dirt, hardpack, Shale, coal dust, and an MX track that goes from loamy to hardpack..it works great.

Besides, if you buy the rear from Pirelli right now...they have a deal where you can get the front Scorpion Pro for free (you have to pay $ 15 for shipping though) Still an awesome deal on a great combo. I used to use a Dunlop 756 up front, and that would sometimes be scary on corners, up in the Coal areas. Since switching to the Scorpion Pro, it sticks way better.

• PAdaytonaman

Posted February 05, 2007 - 07:21 PM

thanks

I will check it out. I used the pirelli free front promo on my sport bike last year, what a great deal.

I appreciate your feedback.

Eric

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.