05 WR450 fuel tank

2 replies to this topic
  • Howzer

Posted February 05, 2007 - 03:22 PM

Hey folks,

I had a bit of a dismount on my 05 450 and cracked the fuel tank around the middle mount nut for the radiator cowl, Yamaha want £395 (about $750) for a new tank, i dont want to get a bigger tank as i use the bike on the motocross track, i called a local breaker and he has an 03 tank, will this fit and if not what are my options? plastic welding? chewing gum? run the tank half empty? it needs fixed as the fuel drips onto the hot exhaust!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desracer

Posted February 05, 2007 - 10:48 PM

Get an aftermarket tank! they are about $200 US. I have the 05 also and would like a little larger tank and still have a small feel. I think the YZ tanks will fit also.

• SID013

Posted February 06, 2007 - 04:03 AM

I find this website good for doing comparisons between years for parts. Ie: wheels. I looked but they don't have a 2005 WR450 listed but they do have 2003, 2004 & 2006 listed, all with different Pt No's. I would suggest checking an aftermarket fuel tank company such as Acerbis, Clarke, IMS & Safari (Aqualine) & see if they list different tanks for different years.

Yamaha.asp' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.bikebandi..._mfr~Yamaha.asp

That may be of help.

Cheers from Oz :censored:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.