Oil on the dump tube (06 450)

2 replies to this topic
  • drive01

Posted February 05, 2007 - 02:39 PM

Hey Guys

Just wondering if you guys experience the same thing. My bike always spews a bit of oil from the dump tube(I'm not sure exactly what that tube is called) every moto. Not a lot, maybe a few drops every moto, enough to get half of the top of my stand all oily by the end of the day. So its not enough to scare me and go top it off w/ oil or anything, but none of my other 4 strokes did this before. not sure if this is important, but i live on So Cal, and ride only tracks. I bought the bike brand new
Thanks guys

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ranger18

Posted February 05, 2007 - 03:11 PM

Are you talking about the black hose that runs down the left side of your bike? If so that is a crank case breather hose. The only time i've ever noticed anything is when I've added a little too much oil, that seems to be the bikes way of getting rid of it.
Hopefully Greyracer reads your post, he is extremely knowlegable when it comes to crap like this.

• grayracer513

Posted February 05, 2007 - 03:53 PM

It's normal to blow a little oil out of the crankcase breather (especially since the one on the YZF has no baffle in the cam cover). But it will get worse if you are in the habit of overfilling.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.