looking for black plastic for my 06 XR650L

6 replies to this topic
  • 2000dr650

Posted February 05, 2007 - 12:00 PM

so ive been searching all over this site and the web and all i can come up with is a tank and front fender..are there any black side body pieces for the L model...can anyone help me find these parts?:ride:

• deanlikesstella

Posted February 05, 2007 - 03:23 PM

xr's only do them for the xr650r they might do them for the L give them a try :ride:

• dukeryder

Posted February 05, 2007 - 03:25 PM

There's NO black side panels for the L, you gotta paint the stock ones with Krylon Fusion or put vinyl over them.

Polisport makes a front "Motard" fender that looks sweet and comes in black, they also make a "Universal MX fender" available in black that you can make work on the L. Headlight surround must also be painted. The Plastics can be bouch Cheap in the ThumperTalk store.

FWIW Maier makes black sidepanels for the XR600R and if you loose the battery box you can use those.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted February 05, 2007 - 03:49 PM

Best way to do the sidepanels is with black number plate background, nice and thick and will hold up to some abuse, where paint of any kind will scratch and peel.

• Slim Shadetree

Posted February 05, 2007 - 07:19 PM

i just used some krylon and it looks good.

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted February 05, 2007 - 07:34 PM

Rhino line them? Line-X?

• 2000dr650

Posted February 06, 2007 - 10:14 AM

Rhino line them? Line-X?

you just gave me an idea..you konw of that stuff you can dip tools into and it leaves a thin rubber shell? Im gonna give that a try...thanks for the brain boost:bonk:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.