ZipTy Carb Mod or New Exhaust?

3 replies to this topic
  • twenty34

Posted February 04, 2007 - 09:14 PM

Trying to narrow down if I get the ZipTy mod done whether I really need an exhaust on my 06 YZ 450? From a cost standpoint, it's a nice savings, but I'm not sure if the ZipTy mod gives the same results as compared to getting a new exhaust.

Thanks for any suggestions.

• Ranger18

Posted February 05, 2007 - 07:49 AM

I've never riden a bike with the zipty mod so I can't tell you how good it is, but in the long run about all I would think it could do is give you better throttle response. I can do that with $20 worth of jets and needles. If you want an over all increase in HP or if you want to change the power curve a little then I would get an exaust. From the sounds of it alot of people are pretty happy with the FMF 4.1, the Dr. D, and the MRD. I have my bike jetted beautifully, and need a little more down low, so I just ordered an MRD lo/mid set up.
If I were you I would go with exhaust.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted February 05, 2007 - 08:09 AM

$100.00 vs $350 -1000.......
Zipty exhaust

what the hey do both..............I would start with the pipe and then go with the Zipty mod......no wait....the zip ty mod then the pipe............how much do you want to spend first....:ride:

• grayracer513

Posted February 05, 2007 - 09:12 AM

$100.00 vs $350 -1000.......
Zipty exhaust

what the hey do both..............I would start with the pipe and then go with the Zipty mod......no wait....the zip ty mod then the pipe............how much do you want to spend first....:ride:

They both produce the same results in terms of increased power, IF you pick the right pipe, but no exhaust system will increase the overall sharpness of the carburetion as the Zip-Ty mod does, and improve the responsiveness of the engine to that degree. If it was one or the other, I don't see that there's any question. On a HP basis alone, The ZT mod is $66/hp vs. more like $600/hp with the best pipe/hp/dollar combination you could come up with. I think the bling factor of the pipe is clouding the issue for you.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.