Part number help needed (want a challenge?)

10 replies to this topic
  • XRJunkie

Posted February 04, 2007 - 07:42 PM

Ok, XR650R. Looking at the rear fender from the back of the bike. On the left there are 2 identical bolts holding the fender in place, stacked verticaly. On the right, there is 1 that screws into the end of the subframe behind the exhaust can. Follow me?:ride:

I'll owe my firstborn to anyone who can give me the correct number for that silly bolt on the right. Looking at the "REAR FENDER" fische page I *think* it's #10 "BOLT, FLANGE (6X20)" but need to know for sure.:ride:

It fell out of my new '07 with less than 2 miles on it and I'm having the dealer get me one. They're trying to be cute and make me dig up the part number. Grrrrr!:ride:

Thanks!

• XR4DEZ

Posted February 04, 2007 - 09:00 PM

93404-06022-00

• XRJunkie

Posted February 05, 2007 - 05:56 AM

Thanks. Now where in the heck did you find it? I want to learn from my mistakes... :ride:

• XR4DEZ

Posted February 05, 2007 - 10:31 AM

just took mine apart and saw it was the same as the top bolt on the left, part number is for the bolt on the left. neither frame or fender parts schema shows the bolt on the right.

• XRJunkie

Posted February 05, 2007 - 11:09 AM

Duh. Never thought of that. :ride:

Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted February 05, 2007 - 04:05 PM

Welcome to TT, That sounds like your typical Honda dealer crap, we have your money already so why should we have to do the research? Sounds like Arlington Honda! or any Honda shop in the USA! What ever happened to customer service? I think it fell down with the twin towers! :ride:
Now you gotta give up your first born to XR4DEZ!

• XR4DEZ

Posted February 05, 2007 - 10:40 PM

Naw, just come out for a ride sometime.

• steed2

Posted February 06, 2007 - 05:45 AM

Ya i agree with the honda dealer crap. They are pretty bad that way. I had a brand new rubicon and the battery failed within weeks they said "its a maintenance part" and wasn't covered .I said "if u dont replace this battery i am going to throw it through your f@#cking head"....They did replace it .....wow

• desert gorilla

Posted February 06, 2007 - 09:14 AM

Yeah, I've had to use the subtle approach as well.

• XRJunkie

Posted February 06, 2007 - 06:49 PM

Naw, just come out for a ride sometime.

I'll be able to do that before handing off a kid. Can't afford the little critters. It would take too much $$$ out of my toy budget... :ride:

Seems the dealer *IS* going to mail me (I'm 65 miles away) the missing bolt and a new dipstick. Seems "someone" had forced it in and bend it all to heck when filling the oil during prep. I've found 3 other large bolts that were loose, not to mention the handle bars were only finger tight (no way the torque was checked). Of course it wasn't any of the finely trained folks at the dealer.

Now, the bend radiator fins are another matter. I noticed them when slipping the Clarke in place. There are many more bent on the right rad than the left as one of the fittings for the smog pump was installed incorrect and it was pressing into the fins. What's that? You didn't know all 07's have smog gear? Yep.

Needless to say I'll be calling American Honda on the bent fins as the dealer doesn't seem motivated to address it. Sure it's just cosmetic, but for a $6000 dirt bike I expect better assembly quality.:censored:

• XR4DEZ

Posted February 06, 2007 - 08:59 PM

Loctite those fender bolts and do the front ones while you're at it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.