Part configuration

6 replies to this topic
  • woodworker_dog

Posted February 04, 2007 - 06:29 PM

A few questions for the experts...
1) Will a 2000 WR400 head fit on a '99 YZ400 cylinder?
2) Will a 2000 WR400 cylinder fit on a '99 YZ400 lower end?

Thanks in advance for the help...

• kylwk1500

Posted February 05, 2007 - 08:03 AM

yes everything should match up pretty well. If you want to make sure just see if the numbers crossover through a yamama parts catalog

• grayracer513

Posted February 05, 2007 - 09:01 AM

Part numbers don't always tell the whole story. The WR head may have (or be missing) one extra threaded hole and thus get a different part number. Often, if you compare the PN's of the associated stuff such as gaskets, head bolts, etc., you can get an idea from that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woodworker_dog

Posted February 05, 2007 - 03:03 PM

Thanks for the input... Anyone else out there with some info I'm still interested in hearing what my options are.

• VOODOOCHILD

Posted February 09, 2007 - 06:58 AM

I have a 98' 400F and I used a 2000 WR head when I rebuilt it. The only modification that I had to do was drill the hole for the hot start valve. You can purchase the brass tube for the hose and just press it in. I put the YZ cams and caps back in. It's been running great. Still have the WR Cams if anyone would want to buy them. Good luck.

• grayracer513

Posted February 09, 2007 - 09:13 AM

I put the YZ cams and caps back in.

By "caps" I hope you mean lifters, and not the cam caps that form the upper half of each cam bore. These must never be mixed between heads.

• mn519

Posted February 09, 2007 - 01:16 PM

http://www.yamaha-mo...parts/home.aspx

yamaha parts manuals online. check out your parts there. I have learned alot form checking out part numbers of different bikes on there. seems allot of parts interchange even from model to model, over the last 10 years

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.