IMS 4.6 Gal Fitment XR650R

No replies to this topic
  • Billahjack

Posted February 04, 2007 - 01:17 PM

I recently bought another XR650R with low miles. I spent the last week putting in a Vapor and a IMS 4.6 Gallon tank.

The fitment sucks. It took about 30 minutes to install the frame bolts after partially threading the right and then using a pry lever between the end of the tank and the shock reservoir to line up the left bolt holes. After that, I had to cut part of the right radiator shroud. Then I had to undo the radiator/shroud bolt at the bottom of the shroud to get the shroud to tank screws installed. After that, I forced the radiator to shrod bolt back in. What a pain. :ride:

Next time, buy a Clarke. My 3.8 fits way better and doesn't look like I'm riding an overweight dolphin.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.