'04 wr450 gear box problem?

4 replies to this topic
  • thed4ppa

Posted February 04, 2007 - 11:25 AM

My wr450 04 model has develeoped a fault.........

It rides perfect in 1st to 4th gear infact rather oddly it feels faster than ever! But when in 5th gear it throws a fit, feels like the clutch is slipping or its momentarely dropping out of gear as the bike starts to jerk when i try to accelerate. Light throttle in 5th seems ok but as soon as you open the throttle the problem arises, like i say its fine in all other gears so im guessing that there is a problem with the gear box....

I could do with some technical info on the gear box to educate my self before a strip down :ride:

Cheers

Jody

• waynus

Posted February 04, 2007 - 12:07 PM

Someone has to tell you. You have rounded the dogs on fifth gear. You'll have to strip her down and probably replace third as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thed4ppa

Posted February 04, 2007 - 12:12 PM

sounds about right, i had just landed a pretty big wheely and accelerated hard into 5th then it started jerking like mad.
Oh well good excuse to make a few power mods while its in bits....

• deadcarnahans

Posted February 04, 2007 - 01:03 PM

Sounds more like clutch to me. Would bad gears also be felt at light throttle?

• thed4ppa

Posted February 04, 2007 - 02:41 PM

I originaly thought clutch, but no hint of a problem in any other gear so i dont think it is tbh.
A strip down will soon tell.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.