02 wr426 Vapor Temp sensor install with Unabiker

8 replies to this topic
  • byggd

Posted February 04, 2007 - 10:02 AM

I received my Vapor and searching/reading past threads has answered all of my settings questions but I still have one on the install I hope someone can answer.

The recommended hose to install the temperature sensor is the hose after the coolant leaves the engine on its way to the radiator. I have Unabiker radiator guards and this hose travels tightly between the guard and the radiator and I’m worried once installed it will eventually damage the radiator causing a leak. Did anyone else run into this situation and have any advice for me??

Don

• byggd

Posted February 05, 2007 - 05:54 AM

Anyone?? :ride:

• dirtrulz

Posted February 05, 2007 - 10:14 PM

Is there anywhere closer to the motor to mount it? You could always cut a chunk of old inner tube and wrap it around the sensor and clamps to keep them from cutting into the radiator.

• byggd

Posted February 06, 2007 - 09:56 AM

Is there anywhere closer to the motor to mount it? You could always cut a chunk of old inner tube and wrap it around the sensor and clamps to keep them from cutting into the radiator.

The area not behind the guard is an elbow so I don’t think that’s an option. I thought of wrapping a protector around it but that would only make it thicker putting more pressure on the radiator. What I may try is after determining the direction I want the wire to travel, grind/cut the rounded area of the inline sensor, making it flat where it contacts the radiator and put a small piece of rubber there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SID013

Posted February 06, 2007 - 04:06 PM

I just fitted a Vapour to a friends Polaris Quad & while fitting the sensor in the radiator hose was no big deal I do think that maybe Trailtech could give us the option of either an in-line sensor or a screw in sensor that can go into the radiator like the KTM does for their accessory radiator fan setup. This would make it easier for us guys who have clearance issues like yours.
Just my 2 cents.

• byggd

Posted February 07, 2007 - 05:14 AM

I agree, too bad yamaha didn't build their bikes with a fitting like the KTM.

• byggd

Posted February 12, 2007 - 04:29 PM

Well I don't have access to tooling to make a trick mount but a trip to home depot, a hacksaw and a drill and I got it mounted. The temp sensor turned out to be a non-issue....guess I was just being paranoid :censored:

http://s18.photobuck...nt=Vapor006.jpg

• sts475

Posted February 15, 2007 - 07:57 AM

Hi there !

Didn't they catch that Unabiker dude living in a cabin in rural Montana ?

Thanks !

STS.

• simon@vic

Posted February 15, 2007 - 10:51 AM

you need the in line sensor.

also its placement doesnt need to be right where it comes out of then ENG.
anywhere its fits will be fine.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.