More Power??

3 replies to this topic
  • wardoguts

Posted February 04, 2007 - 09:13 AM

Has anyone tried the K&N fiter on xr650r and put it to the test I.E.Dezert Race,100mi dualsport ride,off-road whatever.. and come away with an opinion good or bad??
I have a uni filter on its last leg and its time to get a NEW one and I'm always looking for an edge:thumbsup: on my buddies. Thanx in advance:applause:
E.R.

• rebelventurer

Posted February 04, 2007 - 09:23 AM

Welcome to TT. Yes, the Uni filter tends to come apart at the seems after a few cleanings. I upgraded to the K&N and have been happy with it. Though I would not use it with a drilled or modified cover, which allows way more dirt and debris into the air box, the slight gain in power is not worth the extra maintenance and risk of running dirt through the engine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JKL

Posted February 04, 2007 - 03:23 PM

Try the NoToil filter and products - easy to clean and my filter has lasted a year.:ride:

• cleonard

Posted February 04, 2007 - 10:53 PM

You can search for this subject, it has been covered on ThumperTalk many many times.

The general consensus is that the K&N does flow more air and can give more power. However, it comes at the cost of letting some of the fine dust through.

I always get more than one filter element. I currently have three. I clean them all at the same time. It's nice have a clean and oiled filter ready to go.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.