Any tests published besides Costa Rica yet???

11 replies to this topic
  • steve lemley

Posted February 04, 2007 - 07:32 AM

I dont understand.... Yamaha builds a new desert bike for the first time in 8 years and non of the mags are testing it???? Short of the Costa Rica ride that yamaha paid for:rolleyes: . I want to see true comparisons and true bike tests. WHY WHY WHy are non of the mags doing this:moon: . I am literally ready to pull the trigger to buy one but am waiting for the acticles to come out and see truly what the pros think in a neutral test without the dealer sponsoring it. :ride: I have searched the entire internet for new articles every week. Did I miss any... Thanks.:ride:

• pkcof

Posted February 04, 2007 - 05:30 PM

here's a link to an Australian website (dirtbikeworld) with an independent report on his own bike ... i'd like to think that it's an accurate unbiased account as opposed to some of the glamorous drivel that i've read in some mags ...
cheers

http://www.dirtbikew...ead.php?t=27690

• SXP

Posted February 04, 2007 - 05:41 PM

:ride: :ride:

here's a link to an Australian website (dirtbikeworld) with an independent report on his own bike ... i'd like to think that it's an accurate unbiased account as opposed to some of the glamorous drivel that i've read in some mags ...
cheers

http://www.dirtbikew...ead.php?t=27690

:ride: :applause: Looks450 happens to be a very active member of this board:D :naughty:

• steve lemley

Posted February 04, 2007 - 07:33 PM

Good article... Thanks.

• specialk6r

Posted February 04, 2007 - 07:51 PM

The bummer about magazine tests is they don't take long-term reliabilty into account. Remember the many times CRFs have beaten out YZFs and WRs? They might be a touch quicker or lighter, but which bike would you spend your hard-earned dollars on? A fast, solid, bike or a slightly faster grenade?

• steve lemley

Posted February 05, 2007 - 07:42 AM

Agreed... I would just like a conformation on the front suspension with regards to wash outs and the past issues resolved etc. The mags. first impressions usually sum these issues up in one acticle and they arent writing any. KTM, CRFX, BLA BLA BLA,they are old designs. Yamaha's got a completely redesigned bike out mags.... Do some reviewing for your readers. Thats why they read your mags to begin with right...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TheCure

Posted February 05, 2007 - 09:05 AM

"A slightly faster grenade".....best quote ever.....:ride:

• atkinse

Posted February 05, 2007 - 11:21 AM

Buy the bike, you wont be sorry. I switched from 06 KTM to the 07 WR, best buy ever. Trust me you dont need any test to make up your mind. It simply is the best bike on the planet

• Seabass

Posted February 06, 2007 - 11:12 AM

I've been disappointed as well with the coverage Dirt Bike and Dirt Rider have given to the WR. Mebbe in the next issue we'll see some testing.

• MitchMan

Posted February 07, 2007 - 07:40 AM

The January Edition of Online Magazine Motocross Digital has an excellent review of the new 2007 WRs, and is free to download.

• jams229

Posted February 07, 2007 - 11:34 AM

Hey Mitch, Man, what is the web address?
Thanks.

• MitchMan

Posted February 07, 2007 - 12:55 PM

Hiya Jams

Web address is http://www.*********************/

Regards

MitchMan

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.