decompression lever choices

5 replies to this topic
  • chpxr

Posted February 04, 2007 - 12:44 AM

well i want a different decompression lever the one i have now hits my light switch i would like a thumb control instead anyone changes they lever to something else ideas or and pic's would be great
thank you

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted February 04, 2007 - 08:09 AM

I have a Works Connection Pro-Perch clutch/decomp lever combo on my XR600. Works great and freed up alot of room on the bars. It also has the EZ clutch cable adjuster which makes adjusting the clutch on the go a breeze.

• chpxr

Posted February 04, 2007 - 08:49 AM

hey jeff
can you use the stock lever with the perch the reason i ask is because i want to use the levers i have on the bike now
thank you
rob

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted February 04, 2007 - 09:01 AM

Well it has a needle bearing pivot so I don't think it would bolt right up but you may be able to make yours work with some machining.

• Redlines

Posted February 04, 2007 - 01:28 PM

Hey Jeff what kind of bars are you running. I run Renthal twinwalls and the decomp cable is not long enough to run the stock decomp lever. I tried a ASV lever with a hot start but the decomp cable was to long for that. I have a 98 XR 600. Thanks

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted February 04, 2007 - 01:31 PM

I use CR-Hi Protapers and it is plenty long enough with room to spare. Are you sure its routed correctly?

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.