new odometer

10 replies to this topic
  • storm 800

Posted February 03, 2007 - 07:14 PM

So how do you like the odometer an speedometer on the newer WRs? I have been looking for one for my 2000 WR but nobody seems to want to part with theres. are they worth the new price from the dealer or should I just go trailtech?

• Jwar1r1t3

Posted February 03, 2007 - 07:47 PM

What parts do you need? http://shop.powersmo...parts/home.aspxIf you need everything including the sensor and the computer, you will be paying over $300 from the dealer. I would go with the trail tech, I have heard nothing but good things about them and considered buying one for my XR 250.

If I were you I would rather get the $79 trail tech with all the same features
and more including; Hour meter and a lubrication reminder. The Yamaha ones don't have those features, and I wish they had the hour meter. I would go with the trail tech, OEM parts are alway ridiculously over priced.

• storm 800

Posted February 03, 2007 - 07:57 PM

An trailtech comes with all that stuff? Sensor an mounting brakets? Do they last?

• Jwar1r1t3

Posted February 04, 2007 - 07:54 AM

Yes they come with everything you need. I do not have one so I don't know if they last, but everyone I have heard that have one say they are great. I'm sure that they will last as long as you don't smash it on an obstical or something.

You could always get this for it: http://www.cyclebuy..../protectors.htm
They also claim to be "weather resistant" so I guess as long as you don't submerge it, it should be fine.

If you ride in the rain, then you could just disconnect it from the power curcuit and when you get home, just take it off and let it dry out completely to ensure that it won't short out. But it should probably last throught whatever you ride anyway.

Here is where you can get one from the thumpertalk store: http://shop.thumpert...fault.asp?p=470

• Paradiddle

Posted February 04, 2007 - 08:42 AM

I had great results with my last TrailTech...it offers more features than the stock Yamaha unit, and it's waayyy affordable. I also don't like the huge cable and drive unit on the stock Yamaha computer...I'm gonna rip that cable off on some tree branches someday, then I'll replace it with a TT unit!

Lynn

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • storm 800

Posted February 04, 2007 - 02:24 PM

So I just got done looking at the trailtech endurance for 79.00 on TT.
One last question before buying. Will it fit inplace of my stock odometer?
I really dont want to mount it on the bars. So If I take off the old one the trailtech will mount in its place?
Thankyou for taking so much time.
Jeff

• Paradiddle

Posted February 04, 2007 - 07:56 PM

Do some searching, you may be able to find a mount for your specific ride, and protector. I made a mount for mine, but it was for a KTM. Pretty simple to do, with normal hand tools.

Trailtech.net has the info you need; they even make a mount / dashboard.

Lynn

• Jwar1r1t3

Posted February 04, 2007 - 07:59 PM

Here you go, I found this tutorial whilst randomy browsing the forums.http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=376515

• storm 800

Posted February 04, 2007 - 08:48 PM

thanks guys a whole lot next step is ordering mine. Right now.

• storm 800

Posted February 04, 2007 - 09:07 PM

done Deal!!!!

• brettmh

Posted January 11, 2009 - 07:58 PM

i was thinking a ig bore kit would be cool to. try maxpower-engines.com they have a 6 or 7 differnt kits with the bigest being 523. off topic i took my 05 wr 450 to the drag strip and ran 12.9 at 97

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.