to xr600 or not to xr600?

10 replies to this topic
  • steve_cirillo

Posted February 03, 2007 - 02:05 PM

So I’ve got the opportunity to buy a 98 xr600. the guy I would be buying it from is a good friend and the bike has always been well maintained. The reason I think I’m going to buy this beautiful lady is because she is STREET LEGAL!!!!!!!!! That would save me a lot of money in gas. Anyways the real question is how is this pig? Reliable, durable, awesomely awesome? Please let me know your experiences thoughts and feelings of this bike…. Thank you very much!!!

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted February 03, 2007 - 02:09 PM

The XR600R is the best do it all bike ever made!!!

• creeky

Posted February 03, 2007 - 02:43 PM

The XR600R is the best do it all bike ever made!!!

This is a known fact!:ride:

• Badkaw2

Posted February 03, 2007 - 02:49 PM

I don't see how you could go wrong. The fact that you know the history of the bike is a big plus when buying a bike that old. As long as the price is right, buy it. You won't be disappointed. :ride:

• cbaranski

Posted February 03, 2007 - 03:55 PM

I totally agree. I want a newer 650r, but I wouldn't get ride of my old 96 for the world. She's been the best bike i've ever purchased. Hands down.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chpxr

Posted February 03, 2007 - 07:27 PM

i was also thinking of buying a 650 but i will never part with my xr600 if it had a e-start it would be perfect in ever way :ride: :ride:

• themanoy

Posted February 03, 2007 - 07:34 PM

get the XR600 steve!! you wont regret it! it would make a great DS and desert bike. :ride:

• XRidiculous

Posted February 04, 2007 - 06:56 AM

I bought my '98 new in '98. Same motor, same clutch.

You might buy other bikes-but you'll cheat yourself if you dont buy and keep this one in your collection.

• steve_cirillo

Posted February 04, 2007 - 11:24 AM

somebody told me that these bikes run hot, it there any truth to this? i think the guy was blown' sunshine up my butt.... How does one do that? interesting

• creeky

Posted February 04, 2007 - 11:55 AM

somebody told me that these bikes run hot, it there any truth to this? i think the guy was blown' sunshine up my butt.... How does one do that? interesting

The 600 engine can get a little hot when ambient temps are high and you are running the snot out of it, otherwise it is not a problem. If you hear it start pinging, back off. Running a tiny bit rich will help keep it a little cooler, use good quality 92 or 93 octane gas.

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted February 04, 2007 - 11:59 AM

The 600 engine can get a little hot when ambient temps are high and you are running the snot out of it, otherwise it is not a problem. If you hear it start pinging, back off. Running a tiny bit rich will help keep it a little cooler, use good quality 92 or 93 octane gas.

Exactly! If Scott Summers can't tear these things up then no one can! :ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.