what color wheels and hubsssss????

18 replies to this topic
  • matts06yzf

Posted February 03, 2007 - 01:59 PM

gues i gotta bye new rear hub so I am going to just do front to news wheels hubs whole 9 yards.. What color should I get alot of rocks here so I know if I get black will look like hell in 2 months so hows blue hold up say with black hubs? Or what combo should I use as far as color goes?

or should I just go with new wheel and hub for rear and stay silver on silver and save 500 bucks? Thats starting to sound better by the second. Ya think If I do this it will look awful because front will be that dull look and rear be all shiny?

• tmauto69

Posted February 03, 2007 - 02:58 PM

If your worried about scratching the rims just get blue hubs and re-use your silver excels. That solves your weak hub problem, and saves you some money.
I just use a black sharpy marker on my black wheels when they get a scratch.

• robsgt

Posted February 03, 2007 - 04:16 PM

Yeah I'm anxious to see a set of gold rims on a 06 newer bike.

• KJ790

Posted February 03, 2007 - 06:15 PM

Yeah I'm anxious to see a set of gold rims on a 06 newer bike.

Posted Image
I only use these for practice, I personally like the look of the silver wheels better. I got a really good deal on these and had to take them.

• robsgt

Posted February 04, 2007 - 09:15 AM

I really like the silver better too. It seems like everyone has blue or black, but at least the golds look different. They might go better on the the yellow or white yamis though. Thanks.

• 642MX

Posted February 04, 2007 - 09:51 AM

I put these rims on when I bought the bike in December of 2001. They still look very much like new.

Posted Image

• kylwk1500

Posted February 05, 2007 - 08:06 AM

ya im a big fan of the blue's. I am planning on getting a set of my own

• Ranger18

Posted February 05, 2007 - 10:42 AM

I don't know who makes them, but have you seen some of the bikes at supercross this year, the rims are half anodized blue, and the other half silver. They look pretty cool when they start spining.

• motobeck

Posted February 05, 2007 - 11:31 AM

Here ya go... www.alpinaraggi.it

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kyle Prior

Posted February 05, 2007 - 12:33 PM

Silver on Silver.. Im a fan of a more classic, clean look.

• matts06yzf

Posted February 05, 2007 - 01:05 PM

well I did blue talon hubs, silver excels, and bull dog spokes.

• Ga426owner

Posted February 05, 2007 - 02:51 PM

well I did blue talon hubs, silver excels, and bull dog spokes.

Matt what did these babies set you back???
great choice btw

• shanecaseber

Posted February 05, 2007 - 02:56 PM

Posted ImageBLACK and BLUE[IMG]:ride: :ride: :ride: [/IMG]

• matts06yzf

Posted February 05, 2007 - 04:12 PM

Matt what did these babies set you back???
great choice btw

About 1100.00 and some change could have gotten them a few bucks cheaper but I used my local dealer i will have them thursday, and get all tire mounts free , he always hooks me up so i supported them. He ordered them from white brothers. The sad thing is he is a Honda, Suzuki dealer not yamaha so I cant buy my bikes from him wish I could because his prices are awesome. He supports me in my business by doing business with me so I support back. I was going to get black wheels but my track i have built behind my house the land grows rocks I swear so they would have looked like hell in 2 months.

• hall1012

Posted February 09, 2007 - 08:09 PM

I really like the blue rims with silver hubs.... anyone know of a place that sells complete excel wheels for cheap???:censored:

• skipperlantz

Posted February 09, 2007 - 08:25 PM

Any color hub you like on silver wheels.

• tonypitcock79

Posted February 10, 2007 - 02:10 PM

aniversary so i went gold hub and black wheel. i was forced to make a change after 2 hub explosions one of which required engine cases..excell hub & rim combo from tucker rocky. hopefully this is my last hub explosion!!!!!!!!!!!!

• matts06yzf

Posted February 10, 2007 - 05:37 PM

aniversary so i went gold hub and black wheel. i was forced to make a change after 2 hub explosions one of which required engine cases..excell hub & rim combo from tucker rocky. hopefully this is my last hub explosion!!!!!!!!!!!!

must be a va thing where in Va are you? Im resting right now for lakesugar tree tomorrow:ride:

• tonypitcock79

Posted February 11, 2007 - 06:56 AM

sugartree is where i had my motor explosion holloween weekend..... i live in prince george va about 15 min from southfork and vmp yeah also had motor explode so violently that i found motor parts stuck in the backfire screen of the air filter!!!!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.