what's this vibration/rattling noise?

1 reply to this topic
  • icemann

Posted January 13, 2002 - 01:24 PM

i just purchased a 98 yz400 i love except i hear this rattling/vibration noise coming from i think the head can anybody please help

very grateful, Will

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • turp426

Posted January 13, 2002 - 03:44 PM

Owning a bunch of 2-strokes, I too was concerned with all of the noises coming from my new bike. And I was dealing with a new WR 426. The noise on these newer 4-strokes is excessive and is normal. In time you will get used to it and develop an ear for it. If you want to hear real noises, check out the new Cannondale quad motor ... it really screams but it sounds as if it's going to grenade at an moment (and some have).

Assuming everything is normal with your bike, you should be good to go.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.