I think my hubs gone help me out please 06....

23 replies to this topic
  • aford541

Posted February 07, 2007 - 08:35 PM

It is difficult to tell because the picture of the hub is so close, the 2002 rear hub is the same part number through 2007, the chain side bearing is captured on the out side by a circlip and by ears on the inside.
the rotor side just sits there and is held together by the axle.

did you get it fugured out matt?
That 250 wheel will fit also.

• matts06yzf

Posted February 08, 2007 - 06:03 AM

It is difficult to tell because the picture of the hub is so close, the 2002 rear hub is the same part number through 2007, the chain side bearing is captured on the out side by a circlip and by ears on the inside.
the rotor side just sits there and is held together by the axle.

did you get it fugured out matt?
That 250 wheel will fit also.

yeah hub its deff. gone. Dealer and me looked at it yesterday he said he has seen this happen before. Rear axle bolt being to tight was not the issue I dont believe because I use a tourgue wrench on every bolt on the bike and I would keep that actually less that recomended. Its just nuts because I can see hub splitting due to loose sprocket bolts or to tight of a chain. But hub didnt split or crack, it disinigrated. Dealer said its been awhile since he has seen this happen and to get Yamaha to do anything about it is like trying to swallow nails. They have so many outs because of lack of maintence alot of bikes receive. But this 06 hub issue is nuts and to top it off I talked to a guy yesterday that just bought an 07 his hub split in 3 days. He said that he used blue loctite on sprocket bolts and had over 2 inches in chain and he came out of a turn hard on the fuel and heard a pot and felt bike go crazy. Anyways, I just dropped 2 grand at dealership yesterday My new hubs, and wheels, new tires all way around, new Tech 7 boots which are awesome by the way, new chad reed replica helmet that I stole from him 118 bucks,some socks, new pair of fox pants. Im going to look good at track saturday anyway:ride: . But this 2 grand sadly wont make me any faster:banghead: later guys

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted February 08, 2007 - 07:13 AM

So this tells me there is a problem in the process of manufacturing the hubs. Yamaha has been in the lead for the machining processes for stamping this stuff out....maybe by saving so much weight the area affected is fatiqued from the start.....Yamaha should be warranting these hubs...it ain't no isolated case apparently....

• matts06yzf

Posted February 08, 2007 - 09:56 AM

So this tells me there is a problem in the process of manufacturing the hubs. Yamaha has been in the lead for the machining processes for stamping this stuff out....maybe by saving so much weight the area affected is fatiqued from the start.....Yamaha should be warranting these hubs...it ain't no isolated case apparently....

I agree 100 percent got my talons today now you talk about nice these babies are slick.....:censored:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.