Taffy APJ Mod Pictures!

10 replies to this topic
  • DPW

Posted January 13, 2002 - 01:14 PM

Here's some pictures that Andy Howes sent me. I have not done the mod yet. So hopefully Andy or someone that has done the mod can explain the pictures a little better.

1.electrical conecter
Posted Image
2.shows it in place with rubber boot pulled back
Posted Image
3.shows rubber boot pulled back down
Posted Image

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: DPW ]

• Taffy

Posted January 14, 2002 - 12:17 AM

that's a great effort by you two lads!

well done. and now everyone should at last be able to do this without any hitches because it really is easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Taffy

• sbohanon

Posted January 14, 2002 - 02:31 AM

thats one small terminal block connector!!
taffy, i have followed your jetting posts since they started. after reviewing your jetting specs, one question; what elevation do you ride at?

• sledge_57

Posted January 14, 2002 - 03:59 AM

Originally posted by Taffy:
it really is easy peasy lemon squeezy......

Taffy

Eddie is that you? :)

Made me laugh there Taffy.

Bob

• Taffy

Posted January 14, 2002 - 04:54 AM

sbohanon

i ride sea level and that'll be good up to 2k i would think. you couldn't possibly be thinking of leaning off the jetting even more could you?

could you?!?!

sledge
it's the thing kids say over here!

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sbohanon

Posted January 14, 2002 - 01:38 PM

taffy,

i'm not going any leaner! i'm also at sea level with temps between 30f-95f and 40%-100% humidity at all temps. running 175mj and 50pj all the time and it works for the most part for all conditions(everything else is stock). it is a bit rich in hot weather but i have only fouled the plug once and that was when it fell over while warming up. i can't believe your running that lean. you need to come to pa and give me a few hours of your time. btw, we are talking about a '99 yz400.

correction - i'm at 800-1000 feet but might as well be sea level.

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: sbohanon ]

• sledge_57

Posted January 14, 2002 - 02:43 PM

Originally posted by Taffy:

sledge
it's the thing kids say over here!

Taffy

Taffy I've heard the phrase from Eddie Izzard,
I assumed it was his, maybe it still is and the kids picked it up from him, dunno. Anyway the phrase made me think of Eddie who is about the Funniest Brit I've heard (after my all time favorite Benny Hill that is).

Later
Bob

• motoman393

Posted January 14, 2002 - 04:12 PM

someone please post the procedure on how to do the mod and I will post it on my site!! Does this mod work on the KTM520 too? Thanks,

Garrett

• Taffy

Posted January 14, 2002 - 04:16 PM

we had the funniest comedian i'd heard over here since benny hill and tommy cooper his name is harry enfield and if you get the chance watch him.

the problem will be that he takes the rise out of certain characters of people and therefore they're british and it might not travel too well, i don't know.

izzard is very funny, comic geius and he has a touch of the billy connolly (scotsman with long beard) in that he wanders off and you can imagine every story.

sbohanen i was being witty when i said you couldn't be thinking of jetting down! why don't you just have a bucket and pour it in?

anyway now that more of you have got the APJ's right down this whole web page can start to jet down. it could take months or even years but we'll get there.

Taffy

• sbohanon

Posted January 15, 2002 - 02:11 AM

taffy,

i have to admit, i'm to lazy to to play with the jetting when all seems well. even if some performance gains are to be had. most of my riding is in tight woods, harescambles and such. the plug looks good with the exception of some soot at the end. do seem to have some soot buildup in the header, but not much. i would attribute this to the amount of low speed riding we do or maybe pump gas. i was advised by some respectable people with yzf experience that its not necessary to run high octane fuel because it runs to cool and use 89 octane instead, maybe even 87. what do you think; reduce the pj and drop the needle in the summer? and maybe try the lower octane or maybe race gas for the consistancy?

• Taffy

Posted January 15, 2002 - 03:28 AM

as you may have noticed i feel you should richen up in the summer and weaken off in the winter. stick to pump fuel and take care of your health first.

if you lack the motivation to play with your jetting who am i to complain "don't worry, be happy!".

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.