Thinking of selling my 01 426

Guys, I'm thinking of selling my 01 426. It's in great shape and I'll post it in the classifieds. Any one out there bought one lately? If so, what did you pay for it? I'd like to get $2000 and I want to be fair in my Thumpertalk classified posting for it. I'm in fayetteville NC

i pair d 2600 for mine (got it from my mechanic neighbor, hardly road it, had brand new starcross tires, new chain and spockets, Tag tripple clamps, frame gaurds. since ive had it i had to put fork seals (super easy) and a new grahics kit. love mine, seems like lately ive been getting more seat time on it htan my YZ250.

Bikes are definitely cheaper in the east than they are in the west. I love this bike fox MX. The power is brutal and I think the big weight actually helps make it more rideable. But I like the woods and this bike, for me, is not that fun in the tight stuff. I'd say 4strokes for MX and 2 strokes for GNCC stuff. I'll post some pics and probably list it in the classifieds.

The market sure has sunk lately for these bikes. Even out west.

I'm going to sell my 00' this spring. I completely rebuilt the motor and replaced all chassis bearings about 25hrs ago to the tune of $1300 in parts alone and I'm going to be taking a bath I think. It does have a plate though, so maybe that will help.

The market sure has sunk lately for these bikes. Even out west.

I'm going to sell my 00' this spring. I completely rebuilt the motor and replaced all chassis bearings about 25hrs ago to the tune of $1300 in parts alone and I'm going to be taking a bath I think. It does have a plate though, so maybe that will help.

The fact that it is plated is a BIGGGGGGG deal in Cali, make sure you advertise over on the supermoto forum that you are selling it and you should be able to get a bit more for it.

A cali plate is worth a grand.

The fact that it is plated is a BIGGGGGGG deal in Cali, make sure you advertise over on the supermoto forum that you are selling it and you should be able to get a bit more for it.

DO NOT advertise anything for sale in the forums. The thread will be pulled.

"Exploratory" threads asking what a fair price is are permissible, but cross the line a soon as it turns from there into an actual offer to sell, or price negotiation.

i got my 01 for 2000. i got it friday. it was in perfect condition and came with over $1000 worth of stuff in it. the guy either didn't ride it or replaced all the bearings before he sold it because that thing was as toight as a toiger. it also came with re-worked suspension and what not, check my "Garage" for info and pics

soldsoldsold.jpg

yea I sold mine for $2900 here in cali about 3 months ago.:ride: :ride: :ride:

The lack of having numbers probably helped. For some reason people think "never raced" is a good thing.

Every racer I know puts 10 times the money and time into maintaining their bikes over the guy that trail rides it for 18 hrs in a weekend and barely gets the mud off when he gets home.

I'm in Oregon and plating a bike here isn't nearly as difficult as Cali.