Thinking of selling my 01 426

26 replies to this topic
  • santoy

Posted February 02, 2007 - 06:16 PM

Guys, I'm thinking of selling my 01 426. It's in great shape and I'll post it in the classifieds. Any one out there bought one lately? If so, what did you pay for it? I'd like to get $2000 and I want to be fair in my Thumpertalk classified posting for it. I'm in fayetteville NC

• yamaha586

Posted February 02, 2007 - 06:31 PM

guy i may buy mine wants 2650 lets see some pic sof yours

• 642MX

Posted February 02, 2007 - 07:10 PM

An 01 model in good shape should pull $2200-2400.

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted February 02, 2007 - 07:14 PM

2000 is a fair price. Man I miss Fayetteville! Too many good times!

• xnofriendsx

Posted February 02, 2007 - 07:32 PM

Not sure why, but in CA these 426's go for WAY more. Maybe it is the green sticker thing. You guys get those for cheap in other states. They are great bikes. I am keeping mine forever. Just a good bike to have.

• slammmin72

Posted February 03, 2007 - 12:03 AM

i pair d 2600 for mine (got it from my mechanic neighbor, hardly road it, had brand new starcross tires, new chain and spockets, Tag tripple clamps, frame gaurds. since ive had it i had to put fork seals (super easy) and a new grahics kit. love mine, seems like lately ive been getting more seat time on it htan my YZ250.

• santoy

Posted February 03, 2007 - 06:42 AM

Bikes are definitely cheaper in the east than they are in the west. I love this bike fox MX. The power is brutal and I think the big weight actually helps make it more rideable. But I like the woods and this bike, for me, is not that fun in the tight stuff. I'd say 4strokes for MX and 2 strokes for GNCC stuff. I'll post some pics and probably list it in the classifieds.

• berudd

Posted February 03, 2007 - 08:46 AM

Everything cost more out west and that whole red/green sticker helps these bikes hold value. Last year I sold my 02 426 for 2500. I would think you would move it quick at 2000.

• Kyle Prior

Posted February 03, 2007 - 02:04 PM

I got mine for $1700 in Nevada... I guess the guy knew how he rode it, and I didnt. It ended up popping the bottom end not long after I got it, but I was able to rebuild that easily.

• Pincushion

Posted February 03, 2007 - 03:27 PM

The market sure has sunk lately for these bikes. Even out west.

I'm going to sell my 00' this spring. I completely rebuilt the motor and replaced all chassis bearings about 25hrs ago to the tune of $1300 in parts alone and I'm going to be taking a bath I think. It does have a plate though, so maybe that will help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grajohnson

Posted February 03, 2007 - 04:17 PM

Howdy - bought my average condition 01 for $1,800 2 months ago- but I think I got away with a steal. No graphics and a bent exhaust.. I would ask more but $1800 is the floor. BTW I bought it in Concord NC -

• TeamScream

Posted February 05, 2007 - 08:52 AM

The market sure has sunk lately for these bikes. Even out west.

I'm going to sell my 00' this spring. I completely rebuilt the motor and replaced all chassis bearings about 25hrs ago to the tune of $1300 in parts alone and I'm going to be taking a bath I think. It does have a plate though, so maybe that will help.

The fact that it is plated is a BIGGGGGGG deal in Cali, make sure you advertise over on the supermoto forum that you are selling it and you should be able to get a bit more for it.
A cali plate is worth a grand.

• grayracer513

Posted February 05, 2007 - 09:52 AM

The fact that it is plated is a BIGGGGGGG deal in Cali, make sure you advertise over on the supermoto forum that you are selling it and you should be able to get a bit more for it.

DO NOT advertise anything for sale in the forums. The thread will be pulled.

"Exploratory" threads asking what a fair price is are permissible, but cross the line a soon as it turns from there into an actual offer to sell, or price negotiation.

• fritzelman

Posted February 05, 2007 - 09:52 AM

I blew a good $2600 on my 02 426 back in August. Its all about location where I'm at here in the west. If you go a couple hours drive, you can pick the same bike up for about 2000 (if you can find it).

• MDS55

Posted February 05, 2007 - 11:58 AM

I paid $2600.00 for my 99 400f back in June. It is in mint condition, with tons of upgrades, and I know the guy real well that sold it to me. It was a great deal :ride:

• Kyle Prior

Posted February 05, 2007 - 12:30 PM

I wish I could get $2600 for my bike right now. I put it up, but never got a single hit in a month...

• ____Kurt____

Posted February 05, 2007 - 12:33 PM

i got my 01 for 2000. i got it friday. it was in perfect condition and came with over $1000 worth of stuff in it. the guy either didn't ride it or replaced all the bearings before he sold it because that thing was as toight as a toiger. it also came with re-worked suspension and what not, check my "Garage" for info and pics
Posted Image

• swatcie

Posted February 05, 2007 - 06:12 PM

yea I sold mine for $2900 here in cali about 3 months ago.:ride: :ride: :ride:

• MichiganMXer

Posted February 05, 2007 - 07:38 PM

yea I sold mine for $2900 here in cali about 3 months ago.:ride: :ride: :ride:

The lack of having numbers probably helped. For some reason people think "never raced" is a good thing.

Every racer I know puts 10 times the money and time into maintaining their bikes over the guy that trail rides it for 18 hrs in a weekend and barely gets the mud off when he gets home.

• Pincushion

Posted February 06, 2007 - 08:21 AM

I'm in Oregon and plating a bike here isn't nearly as difficult as Cali.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.