Taller Risers on '07?

2 replies to this topic
  • CSS9961

Posted February 02, 2007 - 12:36 PM

Good day!

As a taller rider 6'4", I am finding my new WR a little cramped. (And I haven't even ridden it yet:thumbsdn: )

I am assuming the Pro Taper bars on the bike mean there are Pro Taper risers on there that I can swap out with their 55mm risers, and get some Pastrana FMX bars to put on the bike.

Does anyone know for sure if this will or will not work? I can't imagine why it would not, but then again, I don't pretend to know everything. :ride:

I put Pro Taper risers (don't remember how tall) and TAG CR High bars on my XR-400, and that made things a little better for me on that bike. But I could still have used more height.

Any info. is appreciated.

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Looks450

Posted February 02, 2007 - 03:02 PM

I have been looking and cannot find any risers for the wr. I have found plenty for aftermarket tripples.

My plan now is to get another set of the top clamps that hold the bars to the tripples. I will then insert the new set of top clamps upside down underneath the bars. This will bring the bars up about 30mm. I then reinstall the original top clamps ontop of the bars and put a longer bolt through the lot. Still going to cost about $100 aussie, but it'll work.

Looks

• SXP

Posted February 02, 2007 - 03:13 PM

I have been looking and cannot find any risers for the wr. I have found plenty for aftermarket tripples.

My plan now is to get another set of the top clamps that hold the bars to the tripples. I will then insert the new set of top clamps upside down underneath the bars. This will bring the bars up about 30mm. I then reinstall the original top clamps ontop of the bars and put a longer bolt through the lot. Still going to cost about $100 aussie, but it'll work.

Looks

So, is it tomorrow there yet?:ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.