2005 XR650R Suspension

10 replies to this topic
  • TINYSC51

Posted February 02, 2007 - 09:52 AM

Hello,

I have an 05 XR650R with stock suspension. It is definately too soft for me, as I weigh 260lbs.

What is the best way to re-do the suspension? I know I will need stiffer springs.

What company makes the best springs? What company is the best right now?

About how much will the whole project cost?

Thanks in advance,

TINY

• abby

Posted February 02, 2007 - 10:46 AM

Hello,

I have an 05 XR650R with stock suspension. It is definately too soft for me, as I weigh 260lbs.

What is the best way to re-do the suspension? I know I will need stiffer springs.

What company makes the best springs? What company is the best right now?

About how much will the whole project cost?

Thanks in advance,

TINY

I'm in the process of re-springing mine (05 XR). I come in around 300 geared up. I got front/rear Eibach springs (.49 kg/mm front and 12.0 kg/mm rear from Factory Connection in New Hampshire, about $220.00 shipped to me. Got them in 4 days.

Doing the labor myself (it's really easy). Not revalving yet, going to just try the springs first.

• willnevergrowup

Posted February 02, 2007 - 11:55 AM

I am doing the same as abby and already have my Eibach springs and revalve later if needed. Here is a link for some used ones.

http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=200647

Hope this helps!

Elmer

• Bigmutha

Posted February 03, 2007 - 08:35 AM

I just changed the springs. Race Tech in front and Eibach in back. What a difference. Cost was $200. I am 260lbs.

• MindBlower

Posted February 03, 2007 - 11:33 AM

I just changed the springs. Race Tech in front and Eibach in back. What a difference. Cost was $200. I am 260lbs.

What rate eibach did you get? Was just at Race Tech site and they didn't show anything higher than a 9.0 even for 260lb. Another site says that would take a 11.-12.0 spring. What's up with that?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drex

Posted February 03, 2007 - 12:27 PM

What rate eibach did you get? Was just at Race Tech site and they didn't show anything higher than a 9.0 even for 260lb. Another site says that would take a 11.-12.0 spring. What's up with that?

Check out Bruce's site for the info:

http://xr650r.borynack.com/

• Crunchy

Posted February 03, 2007 - 05:29 PM

I am doing the same as abby and already have my Eibach springs and revalve later if needed. Here is a link for some used ones.

Hope this helps!

Elmer

The set in that link are actually new (that's my post:thumbsup: ). An 11 rear and a set of .47 for the front. Also included is a rear shock assy from an XR650R that is in very good condition and ready to send off for revalve. I was asking $150.00 for everything + shipping costs.

• Thumpmeister

Posted February 03, 2007 - 07:36 PM

This is the exact same setup I have. Once you get the drag set right, its great. I didn't have a spanner wrech that worked well on the rear shock, so once I got one, I was able to tighten it down, and it works REALLY well now. I clock in at about 265, so it works well for me. Since I did the kritter fix on the right footpeg, the little arm on it is bending now, though. So, thats kind of annoying, but at least the suspension works well!

• MindBlower

Posted February 03, 2007 - 10:56 PM

The set in that link are actually new (that's my post:thumbsup: ). An 11 rear and a set of .47 for the front. Also included is a rear shock assy from an XR650R that is in very good condition and ready to send off for revalve. I was asking $150.00 for everything + shipping costs.

I want this!!

• TINYSC51

Posted February 04, 2007 - 01:20 PM

What was the size of the springs that you got?

• TINYSC51

Posted February 04, 2007 - 01:27 PM

Hope this helps!

Elmer

Do you still have the front and rear springs for sale?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.