Wr intake and exhaust cam?

3 replies to this topic
  • Fastontwo

Posted February 01, 2007 - 02:34 PM

Just wondering if the cams out of a 2006 yfz 450 (quad) are the same as a 2006 yz 450 (bike), and whether or not they will work in my 2006 wr 450, also which one i need to change to make the motor more like the yz.

• JJHayesIII

Posted February 01, 2007 - 02:47 PM

try checking part #'s on RonAyers, or use their "where fits" tool...we know that yz cams will swap to wr, so if the part #'s for the quad match either, then you're all set...just remember to time it correctly with the cams that match

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted February 01, 2007 - 03:53 PM

The 06 yfz cams will work on your WR but I think the 06 YZ cams may be different because its a different engine design. If you're looking for more performance, the 05 YZ cams will work with your 06 WR. The Yfz cams give you less performance

• Fastontwo

Posted February 01, 2007 - 06:37 PM

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.