2002 YZ426 kickstand options?

21 replies to this topic
  • xnofriendsx

Posted February 01, 2007 - 09:43 AM

I was just wondering who has a kickstand on their YZ426's and what brand you are using.
How reliable and good are they.
I tried some searches, but only came up with a few and nothing too in depth. What do you think of these?

Here is one from Trail Tech - $81 on Rocky Mountain. Looks sort of weak?

http://www.rockymoun...kick_yz_dwn.jpg

Here is one from Utah Sport Cycle - $77 on Rocky Mountain. Onto the swingarm?

http://www.rockymoun...a_kickstand.jpg

Here is one from Promoto - $150 on their site. Heard good things on this.

http://www.promotobi...1320eed52e44d2c

Any other options?
Any info would be great.
Thanks,
Brian

• Gerry B

Posted February 01, 2007 - 10:22 AM

The Pro moto billet kick stand is really nice and very well made.

• Goosedog

Posted February 01, 2007 - 11:32 AM

I had the TrailTech (bought it used cheap) on my YZ426 and it wore off the top edge of the swingarm from every time the rear suspension compressed, wouldn't recommend it.

Also don't think any type that bolts to the swingarm would be very safe.

That leaves the ProMoto which I've only heard good things about. I have their endcap S/A on my bike and it's well made.

• trailrider121

Posted February 01, 2007 - 11:48 AM

I had a pro moto kick stand on my 04 CRF450.Very nice piece,fit well and was very sturdy.:ride: :ride:

• PumpkinHumper

Posted February 01, 2007 - 05:36 PM

Bajadesigns used to sell a kickstand using stock WR parts and a special aluminum bracket for $150. Worked killer. I just sold my YZ with the kickstand. but this is what the bracket looked like. It just bolts onto the lower chain roller bracket and the subframe bolt. You could easily make one yourself.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• TrailTech

Posted February 01, 2007 - 09:06 PM

Goosedog,

If our kickstand is hitting your swingarm, it is likely bent. Anyhow, all our stands carry a lifetime guarantee. They are designed to hold up the bike while the rider is kicking. Contact tech_support@trailtech.net for warranty.

• Goosedog

Posted February 02, 2007 - 03:57 AM

Goosedog,

If our kickstand is hitting your swingarm, it is likely bent. Anyhow, all our stands carry a lifetime guarantee. They are designed to hold up the bike while the rider is kicking. Contact tech_support@trailtech.net for warranty.

I did email you guys back in April of last year, never heard back...then I dropped it figuring I wasn't the original purchaser anyway so warranty probably wouldn't have factor in.

It's no biggie and I'm not meaning to trash your company, just passing on my experience with that paticular stand. I ended up giving it away, maybe the new owner's happy with it.:ride:

• xnofriendsx

Posted February 02, 2007 - 08:46 AM

I emailed Baja Designs and they don't sell the YZ426 one anymore. I think he said they sold the Trail Tech one when they used to carry it.
I am pretty sure i am getting the Trail Tech one. For half the price of the Promoto one, i can go through 2 of them which is highly unlikely.
I can use the extra money for a skid plate from Baja Designs i have been looking at.
Thanks for the info everyone.

Brian

• xnofriendsx

Posted February 02, 2007 - 08:50 AM

Goosedog,

Trail Tech,
I saw a 426 kickstand on ebay from someone who PM'd me on the subject and it is like $42. It is hollow i guess. Can you tell me the difference between the Trail Tech one and the one on ebay.
Here is a link..

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

• YZFRydn

Posted February 02, 2007 - 01:20 PM

The Pro Moto Billet is the best one for sure. I have it on my YZ and it is perfect. It tucks up right under the side number plates and stays up even when jumping.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xnofriendsx

Posted February 02, 2007 - 01:24 PM

I just ordered up the Trail Tech one from Rocky Mountain.
I had to order like 10 other small things so it was just a part of the whole order.
I spent $160 total for a lot of stuff which i couldn't have gotten if i had ordered the Promoto one.
I will see how well it works. I won't be starting my bike with the kickstand down so i am assuming it will be fine. I just need it to rest on the trail cause i take lots of photos/video.
Thanks for the info though.

Brian

• TrailTech

Posted February 02, 2007 - 03:48 PM

xnofriendsx,

I am not sure who makes the one on eBay. It does look hollow. Sorry, I cannot tell you more.

We cold forge our stand from 7075 aluminum and CNC finish. Our pivot plate is CrMo steel. Dont hesitate to use it to hold the bike up while kick starting.

• xnofriendsx

Posted February 02, 2007 - 03:53 PM

I just ordered a Trail Tech one today. Half the price of the promoto one was a sell for me. $150 for aluminum just seems crazy to me. The only bad i heard was the aluminum bolt which i guess i can just get from a hardware store.

Brian

• PumpkinHumper

Posted February 02, 2007 - 04:55 PM

I emailed Baja Designs and they don't sell the YZ426 one anymore. I think he said they sold the Trail Tech one when they used to carry it.
I am pretty sure i am getting the Trail Tech one. For half the price of the Promoto one, i can go through 2 of them which is highly unlikely.
I can use the extra money for a skid plate from Baja Designs i have been looking at.
Thanks for the info everyone.

Brian

No they dont. I probably should of mentioned that. When I ordered mine they told me that they would be discontinuing it due to rising costs of the yamaha parts making it non affordable anymore. But if someone can find the WR parts cheep and has access to make a bracket it is a cheep way to make a great kickstand.

• slammmin72

Posted February 03, 2007 - 12:06 AM

,y friend jsut got the Promoto bilelt one for hius CR250, its pretty trick, u dont even notice it with the alum. frame, it blends right in.

• yamaha racing 230

Posted February 03, 2007 - 12:42 PM

hey i have the trail tech kickstand i also bought it from rocky moutain mx it was well worh 80 dollars when u have to stop and take a break

• WB450

Posted February 05, 2007 - 12:29 PM

PMB is the way to go. It folds up behind the number plate when not in use.:ride:

Posted Image

• xnofriendsx

Posted February 05, 2007 - 12:33 PM

Dang, has that bike been ridden yet?

I chose the Trail Tech one cause for an extra $80, the PMB one is just too pricey. I don't really care that it hooks under the side panel. If either do their job of holding the bike up, that is all i need it for.
But it does look pretty dang nice...

• jocolo

Posted February 05, 2007 - 04:27 PM

i have the trail tech on my YZ426 i like it

Posted Image
Posted Image

• blue_rider

Posted August 02, 2007 - 08:00 AM

I actually have a PMB stand that I can't use now that I supermoto'd my 426. Let me know if you're interested.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.